i love that things happen when you aren't playing

#1TehUnibongerPosted 6/7/2013 7:22:42 PM
game would be very boring if i just scavanged enough things to survive for months without having to gather stuff. whether you have a life or not is completely irrelevant. it's a zombie armageddon game. you aren't supposed to feel safe. i love coming back every day not knowing how many supplies and food i'll have left and whatnot. as long as you aren't an OCD collecting hundreds of everything you will be fine. hint: spend as much of your resources before you turn off the game as possible, minimizing what you lose.

tldr: it's a videogame. about zombies. bad things aren't supposed to happen. all you complainers whining bc you can't be the epic untouchable zombie king need to just play the game and have fun. my marcus died at the wilkersons first mission because of a fatty. it is a game. survive and adapt. and have fun. the whining is totally unwarrented IMO unless you're talking technical issues which is a fair gripe, but they don't get in the way of my fun.
#2n30neuromancerPosted 6/7/2013 7:26:19 PM
I agree 100%.

Except your tldr is almost as long as the body...
#3Zegma310Posted 6/7/2013 7:28:10 PM
I really like the function, but it can be improved upon quite a bit. There just shouldn't be a constant drain on each of the supplies to the extent that they are (except oil of course which doesn't drain like the others).
---
Defiance Character name: Scath Madrai------Clan: The Vault Hunters (Founder)
Nickles is money too, come on guys...-------DD:DA Pawn: Scath Ciche
#4Pantera_head667Posted 6/7/2013 7:28:16 PM
You're totally right... it's this unpredictable stuff that makes the game challenging, like you said... It makes you adapt and think up a strategy to recover from it. I don't even mind if people die (might be a bit biffed if it's one of my main leveled characters) because you can go out and find new ones with different skills. I don't know if this would still be so great when you've depleted a lot of the worlds supplies though... you could end up locking yourself with no way to recover and everything would just go downhill if you haven't got the right buildings.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#5TehUnibonger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 7:32:30 PM
people level up soooo quick and it's so satisfying to level people up, the game would be very boring if you just maxed out your whole party and were set at some point. it's so satisfying to take a green camp member, take him out during the day, and level up to lv 4 fighting all in one big supply run. gives you a chance to make everyone unique too, i give everyone different specialties depending on how i see their personality. it's one of the few games where even if you endlessly get supplies you will never end up in 'god' mode, which is awesome. they do need to tinker it a bit, but overall i commend the makers for coming up with a very fun mechanic despite how polarizing it might be.
#6Onox74Posted 6/7/2013 7:35:09 PM
Pantera_head667 posted...
You're totally right... it's this unpredictable stuff that makes the game challenging, like you said... It makes you adapt and think up a strategy to recover from it. I don't even mind if people die (might be a bit biffed if it's one of my main leveled characters) because you can go out and find new ones with different skills. I don't know if this would still be so great when you've depleted a lot of the worlds supplies though... you could end up locking yourself with no way to recover and everything would just go downhill if you haven't got the right buildings.

Adapt and think up a strategy? More like go scavenge a bit and do some of the sidequests which you've already done 50 of. With that everything is fixed.
#7JonnywestsidePosted 6/7/2013 7:40:49 PM
I used to love loading up GTA4 to find Niko in prison because I wasn't playing when they raided his apartment.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#8Stasiss13Posted 6/8/2013 12:41:30 AM
I don't have any problems with the game world continuing when I'm not playing and it is an interesting feeling to log back in wondering how different things are going to be from when I left. And it's not a big deal to build things back up cause I'm still doing the same thing I would be doing if it was the same, but it's more of an urgent feeling.

The thing that does bug the hell out of me is the fact that everyone at my base keeps running off and going missing or attacking random special zombies for no reason. Now that's a different story and from what I hear some of those problems will be fixed in the patch coming soon. Great game and definitely worth the price even with the few issues here and there.