Finite food = ticking clock?

#1CalmJesterPosted 6/7/2013 11:40:37 PM
If food is finite, does that mean I need to get a rush on to finish the game before it runs out?

Also, are zombies finite? I tend to hunt down and kill as many as I can, but if they'll just respawn...
#2Hazmat963Posted 6/7/2013 11:42:36 PM
I believe you can have a self-sustaining garden.
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/
"I love Dick" ~Slayer_22
#3glassghost0Posted 6/7/2013 11:43:07 PM
you can grow your own food
---
No Thanks
#4JetblackmoonPosted 6/7/2013 11:43:46 PM
Zombies respawn infinitely. You can never fully clear the world of them.

Resources in general are finite. If it ever came to a point where you'd scavenged every building/area on the map, there would be nothing left. I guess the game would pretty much come to an end at that point, but I doubt anyone has played enough yet where they could have searched everywhere.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#5jman427Posted 6/7/2013 11:44:26 PM
resources are plentiful enough, the game will have you rushing for lots of different reasons because thats what it wants. Supplies are finite but there is way more than enough, zombies are not finite, they tend to respawn quite regularly.
---
no?
#6Deadzombie_zeroPosted 6/7/2013 11:48:42 PM
I'd take your time if anything. There alot. Alot more places to get resources in the map. Not just towns. But fields and farm sites. Plus as long as you have a garden you have a food source. with neighbors will trade too. But as far as I know it would take at least 40 days to grab all the resources. That's real life time too.
#7CalmJester(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 12:09:42 AM
Thanks very much for the answers. I do feel relieved that now I can take my time - and also not waste it hunting down infinite zombies.

Cheers.
#8The_Only_HumanPosted 6/8/2013 12:40:54 AM
Jetblackmoon posted...

Resources in general are finite. If it ever came to a point where you'd scavenged every building/area on the map, there would be nothing left. I guess the game would pretty much come to an end at that point, but I doubt anyone has played enough yet where they could have searched everywhere.

If you have a library you can learn to make most of the resources in the game, thus making almost all infinite. Not sure about building materials but you can make the other things.
---
Gamertag: xxsavagedeathxx
#9jay11228181Posted 6/8/2013 12:54:34 AM
The_Only_Human posted...
Jetblackmoon posted...

If you have a library you can learn to make most of the resources in the game, thus making almost all infinite. Not sure about building materials but you can make the other things.

Building materials are the hardest thing for me to find.
#10xHuckleberryPosted 6/8/2013 12:58:11 AM
jay11228181 posted...
The_Only_Human posted...
Jetblackmoon posted...

Building materials are the hardest thing for me to find.

Ive found most of mine in barns or garages. Kinda glad it does seem a tad harder to find the building materal. Sorta makes you think about things before you do it, well, certain things like home bases location and what to upgrade.