Lots of missing people and Outposts are... not working right?

#1TrialZero654Posted 6/10/2013 2:55:54 AM
over the last few game days i've noticed some people have gone missing and never turned up, normally i assume missing people will show up in rescue mission soon, or something like that, but i have like 8 people missing, bringing my home population down to 10 people...

among the missing are 2 people i really care about - Maya and Jacob - because they are like the only 2 people i have maxed out besides Gabriela, which is who i've been using since those 2 are missing

it's been quite awhile and none of these people have shown up, and more and more just keep going missing, what is the deal? i REALLY want Maya back if nothing else, she was the first character i maxed out so im kind of partial to her

i read in another topic about going back to the Ranger Station to fix the issue with the constant messages about infestations (which is another problem i have), and i cleared out EVERYTHING up there, every zombie i could find and all of the loot, however i never ran across any infestations, and i'm still getting the infestation messages and none of my missing people have turned up

ALSO, the radius of the "protection zone" of all of my outposts seems to have shrunk down to the size of the "house cleared" circles, before this i had outposts all around my Warehouse home, giving me a sizable area of protection around it, however now that the areas of my outposts has shrunk for whatever reason, there are zombies and even the occasional Big fat special zombie dude roaming around just outside the fence, which is rather annoying, since i also seem to have lost my sniper and no one else ever mans the guard tower

Sorry for the long post, ty to anyone with the patience to read this, i'd like some help if anyone knows how to fix this, or why my outpost areas have shrunk all of a sudden
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#2jay11228181Posted 6/10/2013 2:58:51 AM
You need to go in the outpost menu and click the land mine icon again. I believe you have to do it once every real 24 hours.
#3BoltBlackJokerPosted 6/10/2013 3:01:47 AM
The extended range of your outposts goes away after a while, you need to upgrade them again.

The watchtower glitch is a known bug, not addressed entirely by name by the developers, but most assume will be fixed when the patch hits.

The infestation glitch will be fixed with a patch.
---
True Legendary Love Exists
An unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates
#4TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 3:08:44 AM
well, thanks for the quick replies, i didnt know that about the outposts, tyvm i will do that

regarding the other things, i guess i will just have to deal with that, can't help it if they are glitches

but, what about all my missing people? like i said, i really really want Maya and Jacob back, Jacob cause he has powerhouse and is pretty much really useful, Maya mostly for sentimental reasons but also because i gave her the bullet time perk which im really missing when those Feral or Big Un zombies show up
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
#5BoltBlackJokerPosted 6/10/2013 3:12:27 AM
TrialZero654 posted...
well, thanks for the quick replies, i didnt know that about the outposts, tyvm i will do that

regarding the other things, i guess i will just have to deal with that, can't help it if they are glitches

but, what about all my missing people? like i said, i really really want Maya and Jacob back, Jacob cause he has powerhouse and is pretty much really useful, Maya mostly for sentimental reasons but also because i gave her the bullet time perk which im really missing when those Feral or Big Un zombies show up

I lost 3 of my highest leveled characters including Marcus when I had already waited too long for missions to rescue them. Unfortunately the game was just designed that way. The patch will make anyone you can play as not die when you sign off and they're missing, but anyone else you haven't gained the trust of, you're SOL.
---
#6TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 3:17:09 AM
BoltBlackJoker posted...
TrialZero654 posted...

I lost 3 of my highest leveled characters including Marcus when I had already waited too long for missions to rescue them. Unfortunately the game was just designed that way. The patch will make anyone you can play as not die when you sign off and they're missing, but anyone else you haven't gained the trust of, you're SOL.

does that mean that they just die if they stay missing too long?

and i dont know if i understand what your saying right, but does that mean i could just stop playing now and not play again until patch day so that i dont have these missing people die on me?
---
#7TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 3:22:26 AM
also, the game was designed so that if missing people stay missing too long they die? how am i supposed to know where to look for my missing people without a mission? i only switched from Maya to Jacob for like 30 seconds so i could get some stuff out of his backpack, and she went missing in that time and never showed up again

i dont even know HOW she could go missing in that short amount of time, much less WHERE she could go missing, and where i would look for her

seems to me that missing people who never turn up and then just die is more of a glitch than intentional design, based on how the game usually works (missing people just dying is pretty common IRL but.. this is game)
---
#8BoltBlackJokerPosted 6/10/2013 4:38:43 AM
TrialZero654 posted...
also, the game was designed so that if missing people stay missing too long they die? how am i supposed to know where to look for my missing people without a mission? i only switched from Maya to Jacob for like 30 seconds so i could get some stuff out of his backpack, and she went missing in that time and never showed up again

i dont even know HOW she could go missing in that short amount of time, much less WHERE she could go missing, and where i would look for her

seems to me that missing people who never turn up and then just die is more of a glitch than intentional design, based on how the game usually works (missing people just dying is pretty common IRL but.. this is game)

It is intentional. They've stated that if you stop playing when things are bad don't expect them to be better when you come back. I had three missing people. I was wasting time waiting for any missions at all to appear for a full half hour. None did. I turned off the game, and when I could play again the next day they weren't missing anymore, they were dead.

That's how it works. It sounds like they don't want your victories and failures in this game to be mostly decided by skill, but rather a skill/luck 50/50 split.
---
#9Jim CaviezelPosted 6/10/2013 4:46:24 AM
I have about five missing people at the moment and no missions are popping up for me to rescue them. This is a problem because a few people have died lately and I need 12 people to move home to the warehouse.
---
JC
#10alexismynamexxPosted 6/10/2013 5:09:13 AM
BoltBlackJoker posted...
The extended range of your outposts goes away after a while, you need to upgrade them again.

The watchtower glitch is a known bug, not addressed entirely by name by the developers, but most assume will be fixed when the patch hits.

The infestation glitch will be fixed with a patch.

The devs stated they know npcs stop doing their activities after a while and that it will bee fixed in the next patch, its in the patch notes.