Cars not repairing at warehouse?

#1Perfect LightPosted 6/11/2013 8:46:18 AM
How come my cars aren't being fixed? They've been in the parking spots for many real life days now and still nothing?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: http://misgnomerprod.blogspot.com/
#2NonEdibleCheesePosted 6/11/2013 8:50:59 AM
Do you have a mechanic?
---
"Damn dandelions."
#3SweetPandaLovePosted 6/11/2013 9:06:32 AM
Where do you find a mechanic, or a "tools expert" or whatever? I'm assuming it's a survivor, but I've yet to come across one. Is it a specific person or is there more than one?
#4SweetPandaLovePosted 6/11/2013 9:07:18 AM
Cont: Because I have a workshop, and I also cannot repair weapons or any sort either.
#5rincewind1990Posted 6/11/2013 9:10:00 AM
What level workshop? Have you upgraded it to machine shop? The first level doesn't repair cars at all (I don't think) and the second level simply repairs the body work and such but won't stop them smoking.
#6SweetPandaLovePosted 6/11/2013 9:12:22 AM
Forgive me, I'm at work and not in front of the game...I was able to make one upgrade to my workshop, but then I'm not able to make any more upgrades, because my workshop tells me I need a "tools expert." I can't find anything within other buildings that has this, so my assumption has always been it's a survivor with a specific skill.
#7Talon5967Posted 6/11/2013 9:33:59 AM
rincewind1990 posted...
What level workshop? Have you upgraded it to machine shop? The first level doesn't repair cars at all (I don't think) and the second level simply repairs the body work and such but won't stop them smoking.

Actually, I think it's the other way around. I recall building a machine shop at the farm, and when I looked at it's upgrade to the tier 3 shop, it said something about repairing missing parts. So if the car is on fire and all its doors are ripped off, the machine shop will put out the fire, but the doors will still be missing. Which means that a zombie can yank you out of the car if you let it catch up.

As for the mechanic, I have a feeling traits are assigned randomly. The only ones that I think are set are Marcus, Ed, and Maya, who you get at the start of the game, and the survivors you meet when you first get to the church. I think that everyone you find after that is randomized.

I have a good test. For me, Karen is the beer pong character, and has three different alcoholism traits (Alcoholic, Drank a Lot, Total Lush). If everyone else is the same, then it's not random. It others are different, then it is random.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#8rincewind1990Posted 6/11/2013 9:45:12 AM
I've got a machine shop in the Snyder Trucking warehouse (came pre-built) with the following facility bonuses :

Real Workshop - Automatically repairs Body and Tire damage for vehicles parked overnight.

Power Tools - Automatically repairs body, engine and tire damage. Replace lost bumpers and door.

Construction expertise - 100% construction rate. Requires Tools Expert.

It might be that because it was already there the bonuses are different than if you built one yourself.

As for Karen, if your're talking about Karen Tolbert then her traits are Alcoholic, Drank a lot, Student and Total Lush and her skills are Cardio, Wits, Fighting, Shooting and Beer Pong.
#9Perfect Light(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 11:24:54 AM(edited)
rincewind1990 posted...

The warehouse comes with one and it clearly has a bay made for cars. It also doesn't say anything about needing a mechanic under that tab for the building.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: http://misgnomerprod.blogspot.com/
#10socksforyouPosted 6/11/2013 11:32:48 AM
There is something in the (upcoming) patch notes about survivors not interacting with base facilities after a certain period of time, which is why no one mans the watchtower after the first day or so of play. They're also making it so weapons (and maybe cars?) are repaired once every in-game day, instead of the real life 24-hour day currently.

Maybe that's why stuff isn't repairing properly? idk