What increases Max Vitality, besides sleeping?

#1zero42gPosted 6/11/2013 8:24:40 PM
I can't remember on my first game if there were items that increased Max Vitality or not. Are there? If so do you know the names of them or any idea where I could find some? Thanks for any help you can offer.
#2ScritchOwlPosted 6/11/2013 8:45:33 PM
The closest thing I have found is having the chef cook.

Stat altering items found so far
Morphine
Codeine
Tussin
Aspirin
Ibuprophin
Acetomyacin
Painkillers
Methamphetamins
Snacks
Coffee
Energy drink

Radio calls are words of inspiration and medical advise which fully restore stamina and health respectively.
So far the only ones that have recharged stats are coffee and energy drink
#3zero42g(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 9:09:37 PM
Codeine - ???????
Methamphetamins - ???????
Morphine - ???????

Acetomyacin - refills health
Aspirin - refills health
Ibuprophin - refills health
Painkillers - refills health

Snacks - refills stamina

Coffee - refills stamina and increases max stamina
Energy Drink - refills stamina and increases max stamina
Trucker Pills - refills stamina and increases max stamina
Tussin - refills stamina and increases max stamina

I can't have a chef cook or get words of inspiration or go to sleep or even change characters because I'm never going to the church. I left Ed and Maya at the camp at the beginning of the game and I've moved into the courthouse because there's a storage locker there where I can stash and retrieve items. I hate Lilly calling me all the time and I don't care to do missions this time through.
#4Deaddog9999Posted 6/11/2013 9:13:23 PM
zero42g posted...
Codeine - ???????
Methamphetamins - ???????
Morphine - ???????

Codeine and Morphine are powerful pain relievers. Meth is pretty self-explanitory.
#5TrialZero654Posted 6/11/2013 9:21:28 PM
TC, if you're talking about like when you get injured and have -20% Max Vitality, no there is nothing that will "heal" that lost vitality, you MUST let your character rest

with Stamina you can just keep taking drugs or coffee or stims to get rid of the penalty, and never have to let your character rest, but with Vitality there's no way to get rid of that penalty besides changing characters

personally, i HATE this, because it always adds the chance that the stupid ****ing AI will take my favorite or highest level character off and go missing and get themselves killed, i hate having no control over my survivors

there should be some kind of system where if you gain enough trust with someone or enough fame in the community, you can label certain people as "Essential" or something so that they will never attempt to venture outside (and thus never be in danger of getting killed), similar to how Lily sits on her ass all day in front of the radio, never helping out... as if NO ONE else but this teenage girl could manage the radio
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#6zero42g(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 10:55:10 PM(edited)
Thanks a lot zero654. I was afraid of that.

Does Vitality ever get lower than -20% of max?
Update: After I typed that I went back to the game and ran into a large group of zombies. Now I'm at -40% max Vitality. :( I'm at 7 stars on almost everything but it looks like I will eventually be forced to go to the church so I can sleep. That really sucks.
#7ScritchOwlPosted 6/12/2013 3:45:32 PM
TrialZero654 posted...
TC, if you're talking about like when you get injured and have -20% Max Vitality, no there is nothing that will "heal" that lost vitality, you MUST let your character rest

with Stamina you can just keep taking drugs or coffee or stims to get rid of the penalty, and never have to let your character rest, but with Vitality there's no way to get rid of that penalty besides changing characters

personally, i HATE this, because it always adds the chance that the stupid ****ing AI will take my favorite or highest level character off and go missing and get themselves killed, i hate having no control over my survivors

there should be some kind of system where if you gain enough trust with someone or enough fame in the community, you can label certain people as "Essential" or something so that they will never attempt to venture outside (and thus never be in danger of getting killed), similar to how Lily sits on her ass all day in front of the radio, never helping out... as if NO ONE else but this teenage girl could manage the radio

She is zombie bait at best due to no running I assumed she runs the radio as at least that way she is not a free loader.