Devastated

#1Darbus_31Posted 6/12/2013 6:05:14 AM
Heading out as Maya to save a friend and I run into one of the big fat-ass zeds. Had an smg so I decided I might be able to take him out. Put a clip into him and start reloading. As I'm trying to make some distance I run into a couple zeds.

Those 2 become 10. I start running around to avoid the big one, while trying to kill the smaller ones. Low of stamina, pop a snack. Low on health, pop a... no health meds. Accidentally left with stamina restore meds instead. Big guy charges, grabs me, tears me in two.

Turned off my system but I'm pretty sure the auto-save caught me.
#2TrialZero654Posted 6/12/2013 6:49:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3evilwillhuntingPosted 6/12/2013 6:52:35 AM
I am not doing well with Maya, but I also really hate using the firearms in the game. They draw noise, and they dont seem very effective (but then I'm a poor shot.... too much Red Dead Redemption has spoiled me I guess).

But it reminds me of an argument I had as a lad with Street Fighter II (yes I'm dating myself)... when I said Zangief sucks, and someone told me, "No, he doesn't suck.... chances are you just aren't playing him effectively. If you use him for strategies his strengths aren't suited for, of course he's gonna suck."
#4innersmokePosted 6/12/2013 7:02:40 AM
evilwillhunting posted...
I am not doing well with Maya, but I also really hate using the firearms in the game. They draw noise, and they dont seem very effective (but then I'm a poor shot.... too much Red Dead Redemption has spoiled me I guess).

But it reminds me of an argument I had as a lad with Street Fighter II (yes I'm dating myself)... when I said Zangief sucks, and someone told me, "No, he doesn't suck.... chances are you just aren't playing him effectively. If you use him for strategies his strengths aren't suited for, of course he's gonna suck."

I'm awesome at pulling off the spinning fist move with zangief, not so much anything else lol

I'm devastating with firearms, headshots all day
---
GT- Innersmoke
#5RickyDeezPosted 6/12/2013 9:37:07 AM
Darbus_31 posted...
Turned off my system but I'm pretty sure the auto-save caught me.

Too scared to check?
#6kennyynnooPosted 6/12/2013 10:01:13 AM
I almost killed mine to, I saw a farm didn't realize the drop off and flipped my truck, got out to 5 zombies, ran and one caught me, no vehicles in site low health/stamina. Thought I was done. Unload the shotgun, get enough stamina to know a few down walk, run find a car with barely anything on my health. Don't ask how my Marcus died, kicking a door open on accident to a swarm.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#7Tavy89Posted 6/12/2013 10:08:09 AM
My Marcus died on the VERY LAST MISSION to one of the Big Fatties breaking his back :( Turned it off but autosave had caught me as well...so I completed and instantly started a new game to over write my save. Now I'll wait for the patch before restarting.
---
HUNGER GAMING!
(PS3 Versus 360) Versus WII U Versus PC.
#8midnyghtsson265Posted 6/12/2013 11:21:25 AM
I know the rear of the big guy is the weak spot but I never have an easy time with them unless I have about 2-3 molotovs. If you don't have something to make him run into, he rarely gets staggered and turns around quickly.

Ferals either...I have no go to formula for them. If I can hit them in a car, it's the easiest, but it can be tricky to hit them. Blunt weapons seem to work better but ferals always present a tough fight for me. Only time they dont scare me is when i'm loaded for war, or with someone else.

I see people say this game is easy, it's not overly tough but I never quite find it easy. It's pretty unpredictable and i've had heart stopping moments come during easy supply runs when I open a door too soon or some silly mistake and draw a crowd i'm unprepared for. I also dont use guns much and never take out my good weapons, simply because they are too noisy.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, State of Decay, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.