I understand why some people think it's so easy now

#1midnyghtsson265Posted 6/13/2013 6:23:24 AM
Cars. Lots of people use them for a lot of combat. Where's the thrill in that? I only use cars for trips and emergencies...never too clear infested houses or any other combat situations...I love fighting too much! lol
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, State of Decay, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#2SykoslocosXRZPosted 6/13/2013 6:32:22 AM
well, even with just the weakest melee weapon and no gun or car, theres almost nothing that can kill you. even if you run out of stamina, you could just have them eat you, rapidly press A and regain half your health and stamina. heck i was with a survivor taking down a random infestation. and i just stood there, watching him battle 5 zombies and a feral. he got pinned down multiple times, and he kept getting back up. i really wanted him to die, but there was no way he would

once you get used to the fighting system, getting a zombie on the floor and instakilling him, and rolling. you should never die again. thats why its easy

the only saving grace is that when you have a character with 5*+ on each category, you;ll become scared for them if theres close calls so atleast theres that.

but your right though, cars make the game into a new carmaggedon, and no threats are left
---
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland
#3SaxonPosted 6/13/2013 6:33:21 AM
State of Decay is a lot like Dead Rising in that it gets too easy once you've leveled up and attained a few weapons. In Dead Rising it was the clown chainsaw that made the entire game a breeze against all zombies and psychopaths...in State of Decay it's the use of cars.
#4VandelayIncPosted 6/13/2013 7:07:37 AM
i love the game but wouldnt mind an increase in difficulty. have the cars run out of fuel and/or scratch the health recovery by tapping a when close to death. something like this.
patch in a hardcore mode.
---
say no to kinect
#5evilwillhuntingPosted 6/13/2013 7:09:18 AM
That, and the fact the zombies not only don't avoid the cars, they pursue them, making it very easy to take them out by the dozens.
#6SykoslocosXRZPosted 6/13/2013 7:15:08 AM
lol yeah

see a horde
stop
honk your horn
drive.. slowly

all zombies dead and no damage to the car (compared to hitting them full speed)
---
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland
#7midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:21:48 AM
SykoslocosXRZ posted...
well, even with just the weakest melee weapon and no gun or car, theres almost nothing that can kill you. even if you run out of stamina, you could just have them eat you, rapidly press A and regain half your health and stamina. heck i was with a survivor taking down a random infestation. and i just stood there, watching him battle 5 zombies and a feral. he got pinned down multiple times, and he kept getting back up. i really wanted him to die, but there was no way he would

once you get used to the fighting system, getting a zombie on the floor and instakilling him, and rolling. you should never die again. thats why its easy

the only saving grace is that when you have a character with 5*+ on each category, you;ll become scared for them if theres close calls so atleast theres that.

but your right though, cars make the game into a new carmaggedon, and no threats are left

The npc's can get up more than players from what i've experienced. With a great melee weapon AND a gun...if you are in a big fight and low on stims....tell me nothing can kill you then...lol

And like I said, I don't find it hard...but i've had too many scares to call it easy.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, State of Decay, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#8midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:24:58 AM
VandelayInc posted...
i love the game but wouldnt mind an increase in difficulty. have the cars run out of fuel and/or scratch the health recovery by tapping a when close to death. something like this.
patch in a hardcore mode.

I love the gas idea...or they could have made a lot less cars! When they said cars can blow up forever, I thought "great...another good hardcore idea", but when I got the game, there are about 150 cars....and I can call for another?!

They took all the drama out of vehicle use...they should be a precious resource like ammo and building supplies. They took away from their own concept when adding so many cars. Also would make fuel more important.
---
#9VandelayIncPosted 6/13/2013 7:51:51 AM(edited)
yeah there are definately too many cars in the game. it probably also costs a lot of memory since the game has to remember where every vehicle is parked and how much damage it took. (i still have a burning muscle car in front of the church, i jumped out in a hurry anxious it might explode, standing there for days now lol).
reducing the number of cars can only be a good thing.
---
say no to kinect
#10joyce_181502Posted 6/13/2013 8:13:23 AM
SykoslocosXRZ posted...

So nothing can kill you ... yet you mention going around with a survivor? LOL

Doing the later does make the game easy because they basically cannot die, though they can get status effects like sick or hurt.

How far are you in the game?

If you have no stamina, feral zombies have a 1-shot tear-you-apart kill move and eventually they show up in 2 or 3s. Even taking on a Big Un with "the weakest melee weapon and no gun or car" is going to get you wrecked if you solo it with no fire / anyone to distract it.