Wait...Wait...Leaving rucksacks in outposts adds it slowly to my overall amount?

#1agentspoonPosted 6/15/2013 3:32:26 PM
Say I find a stash of Ammo far away from home can I drop this off inside an outpost and it will be added to my amount slowly instead of instantly like at home?

Just read a topic and realised this, am I wrong?

This would be so helpful if true.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#2bloodgod92Posted 6/15/2013 3:37:22 PM
agentspoon posted...
Say I find a stash of Ammo far away from home can I drop this off inside an outpost and it will be added to my amount slowly instead of instantly like at home?

If you find an ammo cache and loot it (pick it up in rucksack form) then you will be given a set amount of resources for it upon delivering it home. Rucksacks have a one time use, and you will not receive any more after it has been brought home.

If you do not take the cache from the container and then turn the building into an outpost, you will receive a daily amount of ammo from the building, that over time is greater than taking it directly home. You will receive +3 ammo per day for the outpost until the cache runs out. If you have a -20 daily use of ammo, and then set up an ammo supplied outpost, it will be reduced to -17, if you have a 0 daily use of ammo, then you will receive a +3 daily supply of ammo.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP - State of Decay
#3agentspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 3:39:48 PM
Ohhhhhh.

So if a building has a large amount of a certain resource instead of raiding it just make it an outpost.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
#4bloodgod92Posted 6/15/2013 3:43:42 PM
agentspoon posted...
Ohhhhhh.

So if a building has a large amount of a certain resource instead of raiding it just make it an outpost.

The size of the cache does not matter, you will only receive a +3 benefit for it no matter what, the number of caches, as well as the variety may make the outposts supply last longer, or switch when one runs out, but I am unsure of this is the case as none of my outposts have run out of resources yet, in theory this would work though.

You only need to leave one resource cache in the building (without removing it from its container)
---
#5agentspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 3:50:26 PM
Ahhhh this explains why my police station Outpost has a green ammo icon.
---
#6CalmJesterPosted 6/15/2013 9:22:35 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
agentspoon posted...

If you find an ammo cache and loot it (pick it up in rucksack form) then you will be given a set amount of resources for it upon delivering it home. Rucksacks have a one time use, and you will not receive any more after it has been brought home.

If you do not take the cache from the container and then turn the building into an outpost, you will receive a daily amount of ammo from the building, that over time is greater than taking it directly home. You will receive +3 ammo per day for the outpost until the cache runs out. If you have a -20 daily use of ammo, and then set up an ammo supplied outpost, it will be reduced to -17, if you have a 0 daily use of ammo, then you will receive a +3 daily supply of ammo.

Is this a real confirmed reality? That over-time outposts provide more than just looting it? Because that seems... illogical.
#7bloodgod92Posted 6/16/2013 2:10:33 AM
CalmJester posted...

Is this a real confirmed reality? That over-time outposts provide more than just looting it? Because that seems... illogical.

I am not sure if it has been officially confirmed or anything, but I used the clock settings on my Xbox to speed up research and construction, for a total greater then 20 RL days and my outposts never ran out of resources, 20 x 3 = 60, bringing home a rucksack of construction materials once = 15... the only thing is, having an outpost give you a daily supply while you are in negative numbers for your daily use is worthless, as you will never actually see the benefits of it.
---