list of state of decay characters?

#1leafluvrPosted 6/15/2013 8:08:16 PM
Anyone have a handle on best chef, best this best that yet.
#2RedblueGuyPosted 6/15/2013 8:10:55 PM
Marcus is best black dude.
---
Gamertag: DaveDNasty
#3BendawizPosted 6/15/2013 8:19:09 PM
RedblueGuy posted...
Marcus is best black dude.

---
The demons sammy, it's always the demons!
#4warnutPosted 6/22/2013 9:22:20 AM
That one guy with both psycho as a trait and leadership skills.
---
If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about,
Lift your head up and blow your brains out.
#5dogpoisonPosted 6/22/2013 11:41:25 AM
I had a mom who had a double arts & craft trait. And leadership. She was the best zombie apocalypse mom ever. Sadly she kamikazed herself with a Molotov before the horde ripped her in half. =*(
#6HeavenFoxLadyPosted 6/22/2013 12:20:25 PM
In my opinion Marcus is the best powerhouse character, Maya is best with guns, and Ed or Sam is the best nimble character. Though I've never use Ed or Sam, I am just going by thier traits.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
XBL Tag: Agas Aepad
#7MikeH7186Posted 6/22/2013 12:31:43 PM
HeavenFoxLady posted...
In my opinion Marcus is the best powerhouse character, Maya is best with guns, and Ed or Sam is the best nimble character. Though I've never use Ed or Sam, I am just going by thier traits.

Marcus makes a great leader and powerhouse at the start of the game. Maya is tolerable to use when you don't have anyone to switch to while Marcus is recovering. I typically just use her wits to do some looting for construction materials upon arriving at the church. Ed is a bad ass and I make sure to rush his missions asap so he can get healed up and become playable. His missions are scouting the vet clinic, saving Jacob Ritter, and then visiting the Wilkersons. Sam is basically the same exact stats as Ed minus the TV show trivia which is just for fun.

So Ed and Sam are both insanely bad ass. And if you want to make them more fun, pretend it's Glenn/Daryl and Michonne. Give Ed the level 7 wits trait for silent looting and faster stealth and he can clear a house of supplies quickly and deal with any problems. Give Sam the katana if you can find it and enjoy as she cuts heads off, roundhouse kicks people to the curb, or shoots them in the face.

Another "main" character are the two survivors from the Army missions. After the army spares them, go find them and bring them home. The names change, though I think the female is always Karen. The guy though, is a major bad ass. He not only looks cool, but his perks are awesome. Counseling and Leadership? He can replace Marcus as the groups leader easily.

Doesn't have Powerhouse but give him a crowbar and blunt weapons and soon enough he'll have the uppercut which is enough. In my games he's been called Kevin, Paul, Sawyer, Dante, and others, but he always looks exactly the same. Comes with a large backpack too.

I'm currently playing to see who else is a side mission unlock. But with Ed, Sam, Sawyer and Marcus that's a bad ass team. Maya is still alive but I never use her since she's basically worthless. 4 stats means she really contributes nothing to the team other than her being there for lore purposes.
#8HeavenFoxLadyPosted 6/22/2013 12:39:22 PM
Well Maya has Solider and egale-eye, I always make sure she has 7 stars in shooting and 7 in pistols. Using a pistol helps with her not being to carry very much weight, and still allows her to snap headshot alot of sombies very quickly. So, I've always found her useful in my games.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
XBL Tag: Agas Aepad
#9MikeH7186Posted 6/22/2013 12:48:17 PM
HeavenFoxLady posted...
Well Maya has Solider and egale-eye, I always make sure she has 7 stars in shooting and 7 in pistols. Using a pistol helps with her not being to carry very much weight, and still allows her to snap headshot alot of sombies very quickly. So, I've always found her useful in my games.

Other than her being the only alternate at the start I just don't see her being a worthwhile investment. With only four stats at best you can learn a knockdown from your weapon. Considering she's female she's typically using Edged Weapons due to carry weight, so your choices are the leg slash or the decapitate.

I guess my point is that any time invested into her can be used on Sam. Sam can become decent with guns while having the reflex perk which makes her ultimately much better I think. Roundhouse a pack to the ground, decapitate lone walkers, improved stamina recovery, better detection skills.

I just don't see the appeal for Maya. She isn't weak but she has no real potential. I don't feel like her accuracy is so amazing that I'd use her before anyone.