Can you play as Alan?

#1DizzeeGeorgeePosted 6/21/2013 10:28:31 AM
Like um yeh
#2oasisbeyondPosted 6/21/2013 10:30:58 AM
no
#3elikruegerPosted 6/21/2013 10:37:51 AM
I would also like a straight answer to this as some say it is possible. If anyone has played as Alan could you please describe how you did it in detail as I have started many new games trying to unlock him and eventually, even if I don't do any story missions, the pastor gets sick and on a downward spiral I go. The other day he got sick and then the sickness went away so I thought it was cool to go to sleep after 14 hours straight, came back the next morning and he was sick again. So yeah someone please confirm and give details.
---
gamertag GristlyEli
#4TinCynicPosted 6/21/2013 10:58:44 AM
Pretty sure you can't. I got through an entire game with him alive, til the final mission when he got torn up by a Big Un, and he never became my friend. I'd done a bunch of side missions with him too but it never raised the bar to friendship level.
#5siegeshotPosted 6/21/2013 1:02:03 PM
He's considered one of the NPC's that can give you a (d-pad down) buff, so no he's unplayable similar to doc, Lily, pastor...used car salesman, etc.
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#6elikruegerPosted 6/21/2013 1:29:02 PM
Thanks for the info, man what a waste of a person haha.
---
gamertag GristlyEli
#7HeavenFoxLadyPosted 6/21/2013 1:45:03 PM
Hes not, hes a very good sniper on the shooting platform.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
XBL Tag: Agas Aepad
#8siegeshotPosted 6/21/2013 1:47:03 PM
elikrueger posted...
Thanks for the info, man what a waste of a person haha.

Yeah I'm not even actually sure that he gives you a buff or anything. So he's just a temp plot device that you can anecdotally save, but really no reason other than RP.

I guess he could theoretically continue to help defend the base. That can help if you get freak zombie raids like I had at the Alamo about two days ago where one seemed to bypass all four outposts and actually got INTO the Alamo despite about six survivors fighting them, hopping down from the roof and everything.

That was an insane thing though and could have been a complete statistical fluke. It was AWESOME though and again proves how awesome this game is.

So I guess in Alan's defense, he would help with intra-base invasions.
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#9SquallLuvsL4PPosted 6/21/2013 6:04:21 PM
Does the same thing happen With Jacob? I've been trying to friend him so I can take him to see Eli during the Wilkerson's first mission but he doesn't seem to want to be friends :(
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 21
#10Friar167Posted 6/21/2013 6:18:29 PM
There are no friends in a zombie apocalypse !
---
XBL Gamertag DWood13