Item Storage Limit?

#1evilwillhuntingPosted 8/8/2013 6:56:46 AM
So I come back with my goodies last night, and I start dropping firearms in the container.

And then I notice I can't drop an AK-47 in there. When I take OUT another rifle, then I can drop it in.

So I guess I hit the item limit. Wonderful.

First of all, what IS the item limit? Is it posted anywhere?

Second of all, what do I do with my excess stuff? Trade it in at the WIlkersons?
---
EWH
"You want to use a chainsaw against zombies? Congratulations! You now are using the only melee weapon in the world that needs reloading."
#2evilwillhunting(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 7:18:42 AM
I guess I'll partially answer my own question, based on the wiki.

The storage limit is not really quantified by a number or bar, but the game "figures" how much space is taken up by all items. So ALL items figure in (ammo, weapons, guns) and each takes an amount of space the game tracks privately.

When you are beyond that limit, it simply won't let you drop off anything. You need to remove or destroy items if you want to add more (note this will, of course, lose influence).
---
EWH
"You want to use a chainsaw against zombies? Congratulations! You now are using the only melee weapon in the world that needs reloading."
#3SomeDudeIdkPosted 8/8/2013 7:50:26 AM
Yeah I've hit the limit several times. I usually take out my small backpacks, certain guns I have multiples of (g17c), and 18 influence melee weapons. Then I take those items to The Law's locker, since everything I give them seems to vanish.
---
Keepin' it classy.
#4evilwillhunting(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 8:06:53 AM
SomeDudeIdk posted...
Yeah I've hit the limit several times. I usually take out my small backpacks, certain guns I have multiples of (g17c), and 18 influence melee weapons. Then I take those items to The Law's locker, since everything I give them seems to vanish.

It begs the question: could I possibly build ANOTHER storage locker? I mean I AM at STW. I have like 3000 square feet of nothing around....
---
EWH
#5SomeDudeIdkPosted 8/8/2013 8:48:01 AM
evilwillhunting posted...
SomeDudeIdk posted...

It begs the question: could I possibly build ANOTHER storage locker? I mean I AM at STW. I have like 3000 square feet of nothing around....

Haha I know right, all that empty space seems wasted. It would have been great if storage facilities also increased item storage capacity.
---
Keepin' it classy.
#6PhaserbankPosted 8/8/2013 3:59:28 PM
I guess the game can only save so much. We cannot have too many survivors before the game will seizes up. WE cannot have an unlimited supply either which is sad :(
---
The more you complain or criticize in life, the less you will enjoy in life.
#7Talon5967Posted 8/8/2013 9:19:19 PM
I don't know if items count. I've hit the limit that stopped me from putting weapons in, but could still put items in. But I do know that all weapons count towards the same limit. I think it's about 200.

After that happened in my first playthrough, I now no longer keep melee weapons with a durability of less than three, and only selectively take melee weapons at three. And I don't take many high weight heavy weapons. I always eventually end up with all heavy weapons characters using axes. I also don't keep shotguns with magazines of five or smaller. Those go to other enclaves. I eventually do that with some .22 and 9mm guns as well (I tend to find tons of them, far more than I would ever need).
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#8PhaserbankPosted 8/8/2013 9:29:03 PM
Too bad there isn't a destroy option right from the storage locker. Since we have the option to destroy weapons and items from our napsack, Why not from the storage locker? Oh well!
---
The more you complain or criticize in life, the less you will enjoy in life.
#9evilwillhunting(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:06:11 AM
I have a huge array of melee weapons, but only 4 characters who consistently fight. And I swap out their weapons when they come back from their shift.

Makes me wonder if I really should dump ALL the inferior weapons and just keep an arsenal of 3 or so of the best weapons for my brawlers.
---
EWH