Falkreath Property

#173_XB_FalconPosted 9/21/2012 3:57:41 AM
How come I cannot get this property? I built the other two homes but this one never get's offered to me.
---
PSN : 'TIer' , GamerTag: "TIer29"
"At the end of their lives, all men look back and think that their youth was arcadia." Goethe
#2The_N8dogPosted 9/21/2012 6:55:02 AM
Me too.
I even have the letter from the Jarl and a misc. mission to see him. No new dialogue comes up when I talk to him and it seems to be quite glitched.
---
Retrouprising.com - Just about the best video game site ever made!
#3The_N8dogPosted 9/21/2012 9:35:14 AM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lakeview_Manor

Says if Helvard is dead, and in my game he is quite dead, you may not be able to purchase this property...
---
#4The_N8dogPosted 9/21/2012 1:20:12 PM
OK, after spending much time on this, I figured out how you could get it.

I wasn't planning on joining the stormcloaks, but that is what I did so I could turn Falkreath over to them and change the Jarl since Siddgeir was being a loser.
The new Jarl, or should I say "old" Jarl, has a different steward named Tekla. She will offer you the property.

There you go. I am not too happy about having to join the cloaks since I hate Ulfric, but it appears to be the only way to get the house if Helvard is dead.
Hope this solves any other problems people might have in this spot.
---
#5DrNewcensteinPosted 9/24/2012 2:16:54 AM
I had the same issue since Helvard was dead, but I talked to the Jarl (young punk) and brought him a Black-Briar Mead like he wanted, then he offered me the Thane thang, with the stipulation of owning property. I was then able to buy the land from the steward.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#673_XB_Falcon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 9:36:57 PM
Helvard is dead, so I guess I am SOL!
---
PSN : 'TIer' , GamerTag: "TIer29"
"At the end of their lives, all men look back and think that their youth was arcadia." Goethe