how to get Legendary fams

#1youngjun21Posted 3/1/2013 8:02:13 AM
ok, so i have been gathering and patiently working on several tier one OPE 400's: odin and lanvall of the like. But i have been thinking that even if i end up with a bunch of OPE's on my team, im still limited bc the Legends out there would still wreck my team. Also, OPE 400 tier ones only go for 350 horns in the best case scenario (but i'd assume difficult bc who has 350 horns in their back pocket?) and with the current trading system you cant offer multiple fams for one. So there is no direct way to trade for a legend.

also, i know the resource requirement to place top 200 is crazy high.

SO, my question is, particularly for those who have legends already, what is the best way to make a run at a legend?
#2DanglechanglePosted 3/1/2013 10:48:04 AM
youngjun21 posted...
ok, so i have been gathering and patiently working on several tier one OPE 400's: odin and lanvall of the like. But i have been thinking that even if i end up with a bunch of OPE's on my team, im still limited bc the Legends out there would still wreck my team. Also, OPE 400 tier ones only go for 350 horns in the best case scenario (but i'd assume difficult bc who has 350 horns in their back pocket?) and with the current trading system you cant offer multiple fams for one. So there is no direct way to trade for a legend.

also, i know the resource requirement to place top 200 is crazy high.

SO, my question is, particularly for those who have legends already, what is the best way to make a run at a legend?

here's my method. it's long and time consuming, but in the end you'll be much better off.

Assuming you already have good fams, start a new account and transfer all your top fams. keep your warlord at level 4(after tutorial that's what he ends up at)

go through all the maps to unlock 5-man formations, WITHOUT levelling your warlord. or spend 10 bucks. this is not recommended, as you lose out on farming bloodmeals, sage, elixirs, coins, and most importantly, bugles.

using this team, do PvP as often as you can and save bugles til you have around 500-1000.

save horns as much as possible, MD are also nice but not as important. save about 200-300 horns, and you will be golden.

wait for a PvP event.

fight 3 pvp battles, use your energy to farm chests for more coins to get new fams that you can sell for more horns. by this point you'll definitely have another pvp fight lined up, ignore it. once you run out of energy, use a bugle to fight, and level up your warlord. tadaaaaaa, now you have 3 more morale, 30 more energy.

using this method you get 166 free MD/horns, and while it's time consuming to farm bugles and get all team formations, you can do it in your spare time when your main account is regenerating.

I won Heinrich with this, took me about a month to prep for it, but it was way worth it.

your only other options are to play the bazaar and snipe all day long to turn a profit, or to pray for the heavens to give you stupid luck on a scarlet coin.
---
shark week
#3youngjun21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 12:44:56 PM
hey thanks for the great input, i have a couple of follow up questions to that

1. where did you get the value that you get approx 166M/horns? is that from collecting chests and selling off fams as you go?

2. How many horns did you actually have?

3. which WL did you pick, and did you use skill add?

4. how much did you actually play? I don't know if i can devote 6 days fully to just this. Plus, did you only do standard attacks or did you ever do all-outs?

5. I have also heard people having great success with sticking with a 4 man formation the whole way through and avoid the 5 formation

6, finally, did you get one or two heinrichs?
#4DanglechanglePosted 3/1/2013 1:04:38 PM
youngjun21 posted...
hey thanks for the great input, i have a couple of follow up questions to that

1. where did you get the value that you get approx 166M/horns? is that from collecting chests and selling off fams as you go?

2. How many horns did you actually have?

3. which WL did you pick, and did you use skill add?

4. how much did you actually play? I don't know if i can devote 6 days fully to just this. Plus, did you only do standard attacks or did you ever do all-outs?

5. I have also heard people having great success with sticking with a 4 man formation the whole way through and avoid the 5 formation

6, finally, did you get one or two heinrichs?

1: max WL lvl 170 - WL lvl 4 at the end of tutorial = 166
166 level ups = 166 free MD and horns.

2: I had about 1000 bugles and 150 horns. in total, it comes to around 483 horns + 1 bugle.

3: I had GL, and adding skills waas introduced 4 days into the event.

4: I played every 45 minutes to use my regen morale, about 12 hours each day, then the last 2 days, 18 hours. if you can't spend that much time, include that in your calculations and store more horns/bugles/mandrakes. about 4 horns/1 md per 3 hours. I did only standard attacks except on fights # 15 and 30, or if the points were worth over 45k.

5: this can work, but matchmaking has been tweaked a lot over time so 4-mans can go up against 5 man teams, which is a distinct disadvantage.

6: got 2.
---
shark week