Fishing Rod upgrade?

#11tipntopPosted 6/10/2013 5:03:47 AM
--E-- posted...
It's because it's purpose is to lure more easily rares fishes, not normal fishes, it's said in the description.

The Rare Rod has been working terribly for both rare and normal fishes for me :/

I do hope the last one is truely the best rod (I'm still missing 1 fish to get to 90%)
---
Christmas trees are eating the pavement,
The pavement is eating old ladies
#12Chaosmaster00Posted 6/10/2013 7:35:31 AM
Master Rod is pretty awesome, but bad luck is bad luck no matter what. I caught better fish with a Normal Rod at times, but odds are in your favor for better rods, at least. All I need to finish my list is the Coelacanth, and I got no idea where to fish it unless it's in the Inferno.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make. If you choose to manually change it, note that it must still conform to the maximum size limit.
#13Chaosmaster00Posted 6/10/2013 7:39:03 AM(edited)
hyperhippy92 posted...
Gr8, now I have the rare. Now I need to find three more rare fish; that being the Goldfish, Bitterling, and Barramunda. Could i get a little help finding those?

Bitterling is in a pond you can find in Port Town, in the NW section of the town down a hidden staircase. Barramundi is located in a fishing stream directly NW of Horti Kalcha on the world map, by a sign by the water.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make. If you choose to manually change it, note that it must still conform to the maximum size limit.
#140-172Posted 6/10/2013 8:26:09 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Master Rod is pretty awesome, but bad luck is bad luck no matter what. I caught better fish with a Normal Rod at times, but odds are in your favor for better rods, at least. All I need to finish my list is the Coelacanth, and I got no idea where to fish it unless it's in the Inferno.

I believe you can find it at the South Watchtower.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#15hyperhippy92(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 8:39:07 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Wait... there are more rare fish than what the shopkeep in Port Town sells? I got the fish from the fishing spots near Port Town, Horti Kalcha, Forest Observatory, East Fairy Forest, the Ocean Tunnel, Cave of Darkness, and the Angler Dwelling pond. What spots am i missing?
---
This is a signature. Lol
#16bararad13Posted 6/10/2013 8:43:43 PM
did you get pirrarucu in the ocean tunnel?what rod/bait did you use?
#17hyperhippy92(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 9:01:16 PM
bararad13 posted...
did you get pirrarucu in the ocean tunnel?what rod/bait did you use?

i used golden/ancient.
---
This is a signature. Lol
#18Chaosmaster00Posted 6/11/2013 9:25:45 AM
hyperhippy92 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Wait... there are more rare fish than what the shopkeep in Port Town sells? I got the fish from the fishing spots near Port Town, Horti Kalcha, Forest Observatory, East Fairy Forest, the Ocean Tunnel, Cave of Darkness, and the Angler Dwelling pond. What spots am i missing?

Yes, there are some fish that have bait only enemies drop, specifically these: Red Mullet (bait of same name), Stringfish (Dream Bait), Golden Dorado (Divine Bait), and Coelacanth (Fossil Bait).
---
#19bararad13Posted 6/11/2013 9:31:58 AM
I don't get it.. the 5 ultra rare fish are almost impossible for me to catch.. I have no problem with other fish.. I click right away and they are rilled.. I also use master rod and appropriate baits but still I can't catch thrm..I click A right away.. yet it almost never works for those 5(I did get 2 of those but the other 3 are giving me a hard time..)that's much more frustrating then rare drops..
#20Chaosmaster00Posted 6/11/2013 9:34:50 AM
Don't worry, I ran through about 10 Fossil Baits catching my second Coelacanth... those guys are seriously fickle. Just gotta make an offering to the RNG gods.
---