Does this have an actual story?

#1ImrainaPosted 4/1/2013 5:15:40 AM
So I've never played any of the Atelier games and I just saw this is up on PSN and since I really like jRPGs... Well, I'm wondering if this game has a storyline (like, I dunno, Final Fantasy?), or is it more like Ragnarok Odyssey with just a few story tidbits here and there but mostly just "hey, look, cute girls!" (though in RO's case it's more like "who needs story, let's kill stuff", I guess).

Err, I hope somebody gets what I mean, because I have a feeling this question got really weird.
#2ejay8320Posted 4/1/2013 6:22:39 AM
Yes there is a story, but it's not your traditional RPG story of a great evil you need to stop.

The main character, Totori, becomes an adventurer to search for her missing mother and the story revolves her interaction with others as she searches. Despite the main goal of the Totori's adventuring it's really lighthearted tale.
#3Skeith_of_DeathPosted 4/1/2013 9:39:30 PM
There is a point where the story can be very emotional. It's a good story
#4Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 4/2/2013 5:47:40 AM
At what point exactly is the quest for her mother gonna take center stage (if at all)? I synthesized all the materials for the ship, beat the boss and explored all the islands, but nothing's happening. Did I miss something of importance, or do I have to wait for a specific date? (I'm halfway through year 5 I believe)
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#5MatrierePosted 4/2/2013 6:31:28 AM
Sp8cemanSpiff posted...
At what point exactly is the quest for her mother gonna take center stage (if at all)? I synthesized all the materials for the ship, beat the boss and explored all the islands, but nothing's happening. Did I miss something of importance, or do I have to wait for a specific date? (I'm halfway through year 5 I believe)

You have to make your way to Frontier Village on the other side. If you exit some areas a certain way it unlocks more areas.
---
Currently Playing: Neptunia V, MH3U, Totori+
PSN: Hoguru 3DS FC: 3995-6658-2489