Does Kojima prefer Big Boss over Solid Snake?

#1lid1013Posted 3/29/2013 12:55:22 AM
With MGSV on the horizon, BB will now have 4 installments (MGS3,PO,PW,MGSV) compared to only 3 for Snake (MGS,MGS2,MGS4) and Snake wasn't even the central character in MGS2. We've been getting so much Big Boss lately, after V comes out the last 4 out of 5 MGS games will have featured BB as the lead.

It seems like Kojima is much more interested in BB's story over Snakes and with Snake presumably dead now it looks like future Metal gear games will be mostly prequels. I don't see how they would carry on with a main series installment that takes place after 4. Raiden while good for a spinoff series definitely can't carry the main series going forward and it will be almost impossible for Kojima to come up with a new character that rivals snake in popularity.
#2DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/29/2013 12:56:35 AM
lid1013 posted...
With MGSV on the horizon, BB will now have 4 installments (MGS3,PO,PW,MGSV) compared to only 3 for Snake (MGS,MGS2,MGS4) and Snake wasn't even the central character in MGS2. We've been getting so much Big Boss lately, after V comes out the last 4 out of 5 MGS games will have featured BB as the lead.

It seems like Kojima is much more interested in BB's story over Snakes and with Snake presumably dead now it looks like future Metal gear games will be mostly prequels. I don't see how they would carry on with a main series installment that takes place after 4. Raiden while good for a spinoff series definitely can't carry the main series going forward and it will be almost impossible for Kojima to come up with a new character that rivals snake in popularity.

Solid Snake has been featured in 5 canonical Metal Gear games. Kojima had a story for Snake, and it ended with MGS4.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
XBL GT : DarKxReckoninG
#3SiLVeR_420Posted 3/29/2013 12:57:33 AM
Snake also has MG1&2. Also AC!D if you count those two..even thought the Snake in AC!D2 was a clone of Solid
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#4DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/29/2013 12:57:47 AM
Big Boss is infinitely more interesting than Snake, that's probably why.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#5suprsoliderPosted 3/29/2013 1:01:59 AM
Snake also has MG1&2. Also AC!D if you count those two..even thought the Snake in AC!D2 was a clone of Solid
--

Plus you got
Snake's Revenge (not a official game anymore but Kojima still likes it and so do I)
Metal Gear Solid (Ghost Babel) on Gameboy color.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#6shababbossPosted 3/29/2013 1:03:18 AM
SS might have been feature in MG1 and 2. But almost 80% of the fans of metal gear haven't played them. Also Solid Snake at his prime was a beast.

I'm heartbroken to hear GZ/TPP will be BB only game. I was hoping to see a little bit of Solid at least.
#740DribylfPosted 3/29/2013 1:03:36 AM
Snake's story is done, dude
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#8chaosflame108Posted 3/29/2013 1:04:53 AM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
Big Boss is infinitely more interesting than Snake, that's probably why.

lol yeah no.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#9DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/29/2013 1:05:25 AM
shababboss posted...
SS might have been feature in MG1 and 2. But almost 80% of the fans of metal gear haven't played them. Also Solid Snake at his prime was a beast.

I'm heartbroken to hear GZ/TPP will be BB only game. I was hoping to see a little bit of Solid at least.

Naked Snake post Metal Gear Solid 3, around Peace Walker era would scrap Solid Snake at any point in his life. Afterwards, obviously not, SS beat the cheeks off BB twice after that. But if both were in their prime, SS would die, just like The Boss.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
XBL GT : DarKxReckoninG
#10SteadyingMeatPosted 3/29/2013 1:06:18 AM
I dunno, I'm glad Big Boss is getting more attention, though. I like him much more than Solid.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "