How is Big Boss missing....

#1Damon_FalkPosted 3/29/2013 4:39:29 AM
An arm in the trailer but during any other installments with him in it he's not missing one?

MG, MG2:SS, MGS4....both arms.

Seems like a problem in consistency. Or is there something Kojima isn't telling us yet?
#2SteadyingMeatPosted 3/29/2013 4:40:19 AM
Did we even see his arm in those?
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#3torey_caylorPosted 3/29/2013 4:40:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4SteadyingMeatPosted 3/29/2013 4:42:08 AM
And by arm, I mean unclothed arm
---
#5RMPCobraPosted 3/29/2013 4:44:26 AM
sigh....

In metal gear solid 4 he's rebuilt using parts of liquid and solidus they say it in the game.
#6The_Undying_84Posted 3/29/2013 4:46:04 AM
RMPCobra posted...
sigh....

In metal gear solid 4 he's rebuilt using parts of liquid and solidus they say it in the game.

This. And in MG 1 and 2, his arm comprises a grand total of 10 pixels or so, so it's a little bit difficult to tell.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#7SteadyingMeatPosted 3/29/2013 4:46:25 AM
RMPCobra posted...
sigh....

Yeah, this too
---
#8Damon_Falk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 4:50:10 AM
Ok....so that was MGS4.

What about the Original Metal Gear games?

I mean they never say/show (lol nintendo graphics) anything about him missing one....

Just something to think about I guess
#9James MasonPosted 3/29/2013 5:03:01 AM
MG2:SS has a codec call with Miller where he basically tells him there's rumors of Big Boss having had body parts replaced by snatcher parts... So the idea of him being partially patched up using cybernetics was already present in the older games.

As to how he loses the arm, it's obiviously in the aftermath of the Mother Base destruction... Although the exact situation remains to be seen... It's bound to be the end of Ground Zeroes, so it's obiviously won't be shown in trailers... Hopefully at least.

The real Question is... How long till Big Boss finally finishes his story arc... I mean, all those years, all those games, and he still hasn't become the leader of Foxhound or Outer Heaven... Although he started calling Mother Base Outer Heaven after Peace Walker...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
#10MyMentorSnakePosted 3/29/2013 5:03:09 AM
Something just blew my mind..........

I was just replaying MGS1 last night and iI noticed the Gray Fox chopped off Ocelot arm and nothing else :O If you focus on Ocelot throughout the entire series you will learn that he is obsess with BB. Therefore, when Eva mentioned there "Grand Scheme" did Ocelot order Gray Fox to chop off his arm, because technically them two was on the same side.
---
Snake: Who is this?!
Me:............One of your fans.