On David Hayter Not Voicing Big Boss

#1Maverickx25Posted 3/30/2013 7:34:48 PM
As sad as it is to see a loved actor no longer voice a titular character, it's a smart idea.

Look at Metal Gear Solid 4. It would have came off as comical it both Old Snake and Big Boss both had Hayter's voice, especially since that was a reaallllllllly deep and sad moment in the franchise's history.

Kojima has the right idea. The Phantom Pain is like a resetting of a chess board's pieces. It's going in a completely new direction, and he has the right attitude going about it. Plus, this takes place during the time where Zero steals Big Boss' DNA for the Les Enfant Terribles. Solid will come around soon enough, and David Hayter will once again emerge as Snake.

The reason that true fans play this series is because we want some killer Tactical Espionage Action, and from the looks of things, Metal Gear Solid V will up the ante.

So, we should all talk about how awesome it's going to be sneaking around like a [Big] Boss, takin' down baddies from inside a cardboard box, and stashing their bodies in lockers :D
#2alexg1989Posted 3/30/2013 7:39:45 PM
Maverickx25 posted...
As sad as it is to see a loved actor no longer voice a titular character, it's a smart idea.

Look at Metal Gear Solid 4. It would have came off as comical it both Old Snake and Big Boss both had Hayter's voice, especially since that was a reaallllllllly deep and sad moment in the franchise's history.

Kojima has the right idea. The Phantom Pain is like a resetting of a chess board's pieces. It's going in a completely new direction, and he has the right attitude going about it. Plus, this takes place during the time where Zero steals Big Boss' DNA for the Les Enfant Terribles. Solid will come around soon enough, and David Hayter will once again emerge as Snake.

The reason that true fans play this series is because we want some killer Tactical Espionage Action, and from the looks of things, Metal Gear Solid V will up the ante.

So, we should all talk about how awesome it's going to be sneaking around like a [Big] Boss, takin' down baddies from inside a cardboard box, and stashing their bodies in lockers :D

But the only thing out of that that we know for sure is that Hayter is not voicing Big Boss... For all we know, Hayter may not even voice Solid Snake again...

If that happens, that's when I will rage...

Speaking of voice acting. I wish there was a way to swtch between English and Japanese V/A in these MGS games.. I'd love to play MGS in japanese with english subtitles...
---
Gamertag: psvitagamer89
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#3TrillEntPosted 3/30/2013 7:39:50 PM
Idk why people are so mad, this just confirms we'll have a game with both of them in it eventually.
---
Mods keep on scrubbin it up you won't stop NAFTO http://i.imgur.com/JbGQjJa.png
#4Taku707Posted 3/30/2013 7:53:32 PM(edited)
I don't see how this is a fresh start when the Japanese voices are the same. Why only change the English VA? Makes no sense.

Edit: I'm not mad over wether David is in or not, I just think Kojima is up to something.
#5Maverickx25(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:53:36 PM
alexg1989 posted...
Maverickx25 posted...

But the only thing out of that that we know for sure is that Hayter is not voicing Big Boss... For all we know, Hayter may not even voice Solid Snake again...

Speaking of voice acting. I wish there was a way to swtch between English and Japanese V/A in these MGS games.. I'd love to play MGS in japanese with english subtitles...

Well, in all honesty, I believe that Solid will only make a brief appearance in some way near the end. I think it'll happen after the credits, just like in every MGS game to date. There will be a conversation between two characters. One usually talks most of the time, but then out of nowhere, the second voice comes in, and I hope (think, believe, etc) it'll be Hayter as Solid Snake.
#6lastoutlaw113Posted 3/30/2013 7:59:09 PM
Maverickx25 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Maverickx25 posted...

Well, in all honesty, I believe that Solid will only make a brief appearance in some way near the end. I think it'll happen after the credits, just like in every MGS game to date. There will be a conversation between two characters. One usually talks most of the time, but then out of nowhere, the second voice comes in, and I hope (think, believe, etc) it'll be Hayter as Solid Snake.

I've been saying this on tons of topics, but...

Big Boss: This is Big Boss. Infiltrate the enemy base, Outer Heaven, and destroy Metal Gear!
David Hayter: Affirmitive. Commencing Operation Intrude N313.
*Theme of Tara beginning*
#7Maverickx25(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:03:26 PM
lastoutlaw113 posted...
Maverickx25 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Maverickx25 posted...

I've been saying this on tons of topics, but...

Big Boss: This is Big Boss. Infiltrate the enemy base, Outer Heaven, and destroy Metal Gear!
David Hayter: Affirmitive. Commencing Operation Intrude N313.
*Theme of Tara beginning*

Well, you got the right idea, sir. At least you aren't one of the "fans" saying you'll refuse to buy the game because Hayter isn't voicing Snake.