Will this game suffer since its going multiplat

#1Wiegraf2Posted 5/7/2013 3:05:11 PM
And I'm definitely not a fanboy who rages everytime Sony loses an exclusive. Trust me, its nothing like that. I just sort of fear for the content in this game. Just the other day, in regards to the Legacy Collection, Kojima said that "we can't bring it to the Xbox because it would require 7 disks"

So, its not so much an issue with the hardware as it is with the storage disks. So, will this game have to have significantly less content compared to the exclusive MGS4 to tone it down for a DVD? It seems like that could definitely happen. Such a shame that this isn't nextgen and is coming out for these consoles...
#2The_Ivory_ManPosted 5/7/2013 3:21:42 PM
Metal Gear Rising and the HD collection were both sold on the Xbox.

The HD collection was on 2 discs (one peace walker, the other 2 and 3)

Don't be worried most of the space is audio
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#3ThamauturgePosted 5/8/2013 10:35:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4keeba23Posted 5/8/2013 11:47:10 PM
Kojima said that they weren't bringing the Legacy Collection to 360 because they wouldn't be able to include MGS4 on 360 because, "it would take 7 Disc to fit the whole game"

Thought I'd clear that up. :)

I hope it doesn't suffer, really hope we don't have a content downgrade in the area of FF13.
---
When god hand's you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!
#5BigBoss19Posted 5/9/2013 12:04:27 AM(edited)
How could it make sales worse? The people who want the PS4 version will get it and the people who like waiting to buy a system for a price drop, bug/hardware fixes, or both will get it on the PS3. If the game is available on PS3/360 and PS4/720 I think it will sell amazing on all of the systems, some people might even want to try out a combo of those, it seems like a good thing to me, if anything I think it will make it the best selling MGS game yet

Edit: My response was to it both multi-platform and cross-generational, which I think are both positives
---
"It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own"~Big Boss
#6x0nighthawk0xPosted 5/9/2013 12:53:55 AM
I firmly believe that here's another reason for the Fox Engine to shine. It most likely has compacter data enabling Konami to stuff more of it on a single DVD disc, along with better compression tools then the one's used in MGS4

I still think the Xbox version will be multi-disc though, perhaps two or three DVD's at max where as the PS3 will be naturally one disc.

I don't at all think that the game will suffer by going multi-platform, if anything it will most likely benefit from it.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#7Fiz57Posted 5/9/2013 2:07:18 AM(edited)
I already stop hating multi-plat game since xbox 360 game also available to PS3 like ME trilogy and some other. Right now, I only angry at WiiU which Nintendo made a used to be multi-plat game like Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame (classic that I hope to be available in HD collection) into their exclusive game.

The only thing that I think this game would suffer is if the game is multi-plat with PS3 and PS4 or Xbox360 and 720. I mean sure the PS4 is better but don't you think the sale would drop in the PS3. If so, I rather buy it in PS4 rather than 3 even it take me 2 or 3 years delay.
---
South-east Asia PSN: Fiz57
When I said I have a bug problem, I don't mean I have a bug problem. I refer to my game and no, bug spray doesn't fix it. (x_x)
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 5/9/2013 7:10:55 AM
Kojima's comment was insanely stupid. 7 DVDs? Just compress the audio.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#9riddlebox89Posted 5/9/2013 1:52:02 PM
Wiegraf2 posted...
And I'm definitely not a fanboy who rages everytime Sony loses an exclusive. Trust me, its nothing like that. I just sort of fear for the content in this game. Just the other day, in regards to the Legacy Collection, Kojima said that "we can't bring it to the Xbox because it would require 7 disks"

So, its not so much an issue with the hardware as it is with the storage disks. So, will this game have to have significantly less content compared to the exclusive MGS4 to tone it down for a DVD? It seems like that could definitely happen. Such a shame that this isn't nextgen and is coming out for these consoles...

Well good for you for admitting that, just one flaw, MGS was never a Sony exclusive franchise. Yeah sure people in denial can argue all they want but that won't really change the facts that this is a franchise where the majority of the games are multiplatform titles.

And it's much more than just disc space, the engine MGS4 used was developed exclusively for the PS3, they would have to redo the game from scratch in order to get it to function on the 360.

DarkSymbiote posted...
Kojima's comment was insanely stupid. 7 DVDs? Just compress the audio.

Uncompressed audio isn't the only thing stopping them from making a 360 port of MGS4.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 5/9/2013 7:09:33 PM
Yeah, but still. Kojima is really rustling my jimmies as of late.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.