I have always hated the tranq gun in these games for so many reasons.
1) The physics of them never made ANY sense. You can't head shot someone a football field away with a dart fired from a pistol. A dart doesn't travel at the speed of a bullet, and travels very differently as well.
2) People don't just drop the instant the dart hits the head, unless the dart penetrates the eyeball or something and kills the target. Darts in these games don't do any damamge.
3) Darts would have a difficult time penetrating body armor.
4) Why is there all this ammo for darts everywere? Why don't the enemies use them on you too?
5) People who awake from being tranqed have no recollection of waking up; they don't even notice the dart in their head.
6) It makes the game WAY too easy. Try doing a 'No-Tranq' playthrough. See how much more fun it is. You start using equipment and weapons in ways you never even thought of. This is how these games were meant to be played. The tranq is like an 'I win' easy mode item.
7) Tranqs will not suit the style of this game. Revenge is not about having nap time with your enemies.
I can't be the only one that thinks this people. No tranqs is still what makes MGS1 playable to this day; and even then they were included in The Twin Snakes.
i'm not even going to read this because MGS2 tranq guns made the rest of the series for me. I love going through a game without having to kill anyone and with stealth elements. --- My latest endeavor: Final Fantasy X walkthrough 1080p pristine graphics. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJDj0bFsVgszAz6vsCg0Ff70eR8bEFDXa
Just because it's in the game doesn't mean you have to use it. Or do I possess some sort of immaculate self-control that nobody else has? --- "Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971 Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
There already is a more challenging no-kill challenge. It's called playing the game without the tranq gun. --- "Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971 Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
To each his own. I'd actually like to see tranq gun that'd kill target if you shot him with too many darts, was hard to aim with and couldn't penetrate body armor, with ammo that is pretty rare (hopefully Drebin-like shop or Mother Base noob support packs wont make it into the game this time).