For those complaining about Quiet's outfit (or lack there of)

#31AzureVergilPosted 6/26/2013 3:36:11 PM
Are you religious? You sound like someone who find skin exposure to be satanic...
#32x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:40:07 PM
LionHart627 posted...
more rant

You can't really read can you? Or have you forgotten that emancipation IS equality?

Now, you've brought up Snake and his attire, I guess you've thusly forgotten the fact that the main player character has been topless or buttnaked in every game since MGS1?

Solid and Liquid fighting while only wearing pants and boots, totally unneeded yet it happened.

Raiden being COMPLETELY naked during the events on Arsenal Gear until he meets up with Snake

Naked Snake being topless several times in MGS3 and PW

Solid Snake being half naked in MGS4 or Vamp's revealing outfit.

Yet you don't whine about that, despite the fact that they have been just as "inappropriately" dressed as Quiet or even worse.

Which comes down to the fact that, topless men are fine and beefcakes, yet a girl wearing skimpy clothing is sexism.

That's not equality, that's just stupid whining.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#33LionHart627Posted 6/26/2013 3:40:07 PM
AzureVergil posted...
Are you religious? You sound like someone who find skin exposure to be satanic...

You might want to try reading my posts, it's not skin exposure that's the issue. Supporting equality over sexism doesn't sound very religious, bro. Religious men tend to not mind when women are below them.

I'm atheistic to the point of fanaticism.
---
I tell you all my secrets, but I lie about my past
Send me off to bed forever more.
#34gogeta0312Posted 6/26/2013 3:44:15 PM
lol Lionhart is an edgy angry teenager XD
#35LionHart627Posted 6/26/2013 3:45:03 PM
x0nighthawk0x posted...
You can't really read can you? Or have you forgotten that emancipation IS equality?

Maybe you need to try reading? You didn't bring up anything about emancipation.

Solid and Liquid fighting while only wearing pants and boots, totally unneeded yet it happened.

It was explained why that was necessary. Snake's sneaking suit not only kept his body warm and stronger, it held his equipment. Liquid stripped him of his equipment so they could have an equal battle. Beyond that, a shirtless man is very different from a shirtless woman. Men don't have breasts.

Raiden being COMPLETELY naked during the events on Arsenal Gear until he meets up with Snake

Once again, that wasn't sexualized. As sevil_yelims put it, "Raiden's scenes of degradation come as creepy and at the expense of his dignity. It's portrayed as humorous, but very juvenile. The President grabs Raiden by the balls. In a sense he molested him. What's worse is the President did this under the notion that Raiden was a woman, and is surprised to find out Raiden is a man.

When Raiden is naked and strapped to a chair there can be a soldier that looks at him and replies "Wish I had that." which can be found as funny because the joke is the guard is envious of Raiden's size, but the fact that he is staring at him to begin with is awkward by itself.

Imagine a naked woman covering herself up and sneaking through the game? Even if portrayed as humorous to the woman's expense that would still cross a line."

Naked Snake being topless several times in MGS3 and PW

Solid Snake being half naked in MGS4 or Vamp's revealing outfit.

Neither of those were sexualized. You don't see any of the male characters with muscular flexing pecs or a bulging sack that reacts realistically. You do see this with female characters. If you cannot understand the difference, you're delusional.

Yet you don't whine about that, despite the fact that they have been just as "inappropriately" dressed as Quiet or even worse.

Because none of those things are done to objectify or sexualize the male characters.
---
I tell you all my secrets, but I lie about my past
Send me off to bed forever more.
#36riddlebox89Posted 6/26/2013 3:49:35 PM
LionHart627 posted...
Uh, yes, they do. Mortal Kombat 9 came out around the time sexism in video games started to get circulated around the video game media. You keep bringing up examples saying "Nobody calls that sexist!" and you've been wrong about each one.

This quote is literally the definition of misogyny. This is like the kind of people who say women who dress in skimpier clothing are "asking" to be raped.

There would be quite a big difference, because then they would be actual characters instead of objects. Meryl plays the role of damsel in distress in MGS1, a helpless young girl that you save constantly and Snake only remembers her because of her cute butt. If the player is quick enough, he can view half the scenes with Meryl in them in her underwear. That is objectification, sexualization with no purpose. Wolf's unzipped suit exposing her cleavage down to her pubic bone serves no purpose to her character. The fact that Snake is ogling EVA's breasts and bottom throughout the entire game AS SHE IS TRYING TO TALK TO HIM is objectification, the focus being purely on male fantasy rather than anything important to her character.

And yet nobody has a legitimate reason to say that MK9 is sexist because all the females are ass kickers regardless of how they're dressed, if they were trying to be sexist then they would just be pushed to the side and dress skimpy just for the sake of it, but no, they're actually characters with, you know, character.

You're missing the point, when women walk around in skimpy outfits, then complain that men are staring at her like a piece of meat, who's fault is it? Hers. She's the one who decided to go out in that tiny micro-skirt and tight fighting shirt. It takes a complete moron to dress like that and think that men wouldn't stare at her like a piece of meat. It's a simple concept, don't want to be stared at like that? Then don't dress that way, or at the very least, don't complain when you get stared at.

Meryl, helpless and needs to be saved constantly? Lol you couldn't be anymore wrong if you tried. If she was helpless, she wouldn't have kicked so much ass in the cell when her and Snake got jumped. If she needed to be saved constantly, she would, you know, need to be saved constantly, there's only two areas where you're actually trying to save her, and both of them are two rooms away from eachother.

And any man would tell you that it's next to impossible to not stare at a woman's breasts when she unzips herself right in front of you, and it fits with the game being made like a James Bond film because James Bond does the same damn thing, ogles at whatever female is in front of him.

Really, at this point you're just grasping at straws for anything that'll support your "argument" that MGS is a franchise ripe with sexism.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#37krazyninjaman3Posted 6/26/2013 3:51:11 PM
If you guys think Quiet is bad, you should see what they did in Metal Gear Ac!d 2.

Now that was flat out rediculous how they over sexualized that character; even to the point were the only reason she got her job as a scientist was because she slept with someone. Damn.
#38x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:02:26 PM
LionHart627 posted...
more ranting

I did not? Here, let me remind you:

x0nighthawk0x posted...
Those who generally complain are pretty much hardcore feminists, which is basically the wrong side of things as well as they go beyond emancipation.

I've asked several of my female friends on how they perceive Quiet's outfit and if it displayed sexism and they generally said no..

Right there.

Hardcore feminists are basically females who claim that females are better then males, AKA sexism, discrimination because of sex, which means gender but called sex here cause genderism sounds crappy.

And perhaps you're just a very straight male but half naked men in games are pretty much sexualizing the male character as well. That's where double standards come into, when it is a male, it's fine but when it is a female it's suddenly sexism.

Also, Snake's sneaking suit didn't make him any stronger, and he had an anti-freezing peptide in his shot that prevented him from becoming a popsicle. Liquid could have simply removed his equipment and left him with just his suit, likewise he could have kept his coat on but he ditched that before hopping into Rex.

And as for Raiden, the quote you used says something important, were it a women then it would've crossed the line. So again, it's fine when it's a male, but when it is a female it's instantly sexism.

Again, double standards, and again there is nothing discriminating about Quiet's outfit. If that is how the character wants to dress then that is the characters choice, obviously from the pictures I showed in the beginning of this topic show that she will most likely wear a full military gear at some point in the game which furthers the point that the character is wearing it by choice.

But hey, character's choices don't matter right? Because they're so obviously written by men who want to see jiggly 3D boobies, let's forget about all the female employee's of Konami, let's forget about Quiet's mocap model, because they clearly don't have any influence whatsoever about Quiet's character. It's already obvious that Stefanie loves the character that she plays, no calls about sexism there or displeasement about Quiet's outfit. But hey, that doesn't matter right?
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#39jessevalePosted 6/26/2013 4:06:12 PM
you know, if they mocapped her body, maybe the boob size is proportionate.

'cause she has big knockers.
---
SE is a FUGPUSC, Yasumi Matsuno is brilliant, Tetsuya Nomura is my most treacherous foe.
inXile is the next big thing for true RPGs.
#40x0nighthawk0x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:08:28 PM
jessevale posted...
you know, if they mocapped her body, maybe the boob size is proportionate.

'cause she has big knockers.

Possibly, breast size tend to vary depending on the clothing. The swimsuit we see is appearing to be tighter then the bikini top in the game, which makes sense when you go into the details of it.
---