Portable Ops?

#21Kidxpress360Posted 7/8/2013 9:04:57 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
The biggest issue with Portable Ops is that Peace Walker picks up as if it didn't happen.

Not really, Portable Ops takes place between 1970 and 1971, Peace Walker is in 1974, if Peace Walker really picked up as if PO didn't happen, it would've been during the same year. That and there's really nothing in Peace Walker that suggests Portable Ops didn't happen. Not every sequel needs to reference the previous game, hell Max Payne 3 didn't exactly make a lot of references to the first two aside from easter eggs scattered throughout the game.

^this. Just because there weren't any direct references doesn't mean it's not canon. They already had recruits at the beginning of peace walker so you would think that some of them would have been from portable ops. Also po is referenced in 4 with several images from the game. It was actually the first game that hinted at zero being the founder of the patriots. It even created grounds for hot coldman to be the one who orchestrated operation snake eater as gene tells big boss near the end of the game. It's story and characters are covered all throughout the mgs4 database. Ac!d, ac!d 2, and snakes revenge are not as they actual are non canon. And since hideo kojima stated its canon there's really no point to argue unless he states otherwise later on down the road.
---
Lok
#22SiLVeR_420Posted 7/8/2013 9:28:51 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Kojima basically stated that anything not in The Legacy collection isn't a part of the MGS Legacy...

Guess what? MPO is not on the Legacy collection. Its not at all important to the series though it wouldn't hurt to play it I guess. Its a very bad game imo...

Did Kojima actually say that or are you just saying he said that?

And lol, you think Portable Ops and MGS4 shouldn't be canon because you hate them, your opinion doesn't matter to anyone other than yourself.

He said its not included in the Legacy because its not a Hideo Kojima game.

As for its canon status. Kojima has said its canon. Its just not a main chapter.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#23alexg1989Posted 7/8/2013 10:01:07 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Kojima stated that the reason the Legacy Collection was not on the Xbox 360 was because it would not have been able to have MGS4. He stated that if it was missing MGS4, it would not have been the MGS Legacy...

ergo, anything not in the Legacy Collection is not a part of the MGS Legacy.... learn to read and take in all of a statement's implications.

Except he never said that Portable Ops is not part of the MGS legacy, you're the only one who believes he's implying that, which doesn't mean a damn thing since you keep saying that Kaz's line referring to Portable Ops implies he hates the game and doesn't consider it canon when right after Peace Walker was released Kojima said that Portable Ops is indeed canon.

Unless Kojima specifically said "Portable Ops is not part of the MGS legacy." then all you're doing is what you've always been doing, putting words in his mouth to support your garbage opinion of Portable Ops not being canon just because you hate the game.

But coming from someone who's known to post articles from SnakeSoup as proof to your claims, this doesn't come as a surprise at all.

Do you have like some kind of mental disease?

Can you comprehend what Kojima's own tweet says?

Its simple logic and common sense etc. I swear, sometimes it seems like I'm the only person who has the ability to apply logic...

Kojima stated that if MGS4 was not in the MGS Legacy Collection, that the collection would then not really be the MGS Legacy. That would lead one to the logical conclusion that anything not in the Legacy Collection is not part of the MGS Legacy.

You can whine about how he didn't say it flat out, but he doesn't need to. He already did in that statement.

How is that so hard to understand? I mean, really? Do I have some kind of hidden human mental power that only I can tap into? I mean? Really? REALLY? How can you not understand this?
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#24sith_acolyte15Posted 7/8/2013 10:07:41 PM
Jesus Christ, here we go again.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#25viruscarrierxxxPosted 7/8/2013 10:30:12 PM
Go play it, TC. It's a better game than PW. A better Metal Gear game, too.
---
Those who would give up Liberty to purchase Safety, deserve neither. http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/aulliax/kitten1.jpg
#26FunchlaxPosted 7/8/2013 11:40:49 PM
alexg1989 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Kojima stated that the reason the Legacy Collection was not on the Xbox 360 was because it would not have been able to have MGS4. He stated that if it was missing MGS4, it would not have been the MGS Legacy...

ergo, anything not in the Legacy Collection is not a part of the MGS Legacy.... learn to read and take in all of a statement's implications.

Except he never said that Portable Ops is not part of the MGS legacy, you're the only one who believes he's implying that, which doesn't mean a damn thing since you keep saying that Kaz's line referring to Portable Ops implies he hates the game and doesn't consider it canon when right after Peace Walker was released Kojima said that Portable Ops is indeed canon.

Unless Kojima specifically said "Portable Ops is not part of the MGS legacy." then all you're doing is what you've always been doing, putting words in his mouth to support your garbage opinion of Portable Ops not being canon just because you hate the game.

But coming from someone who's known to post articles from SnakeSoup as proof to your claims, this doesn't come as a surprise at all.

Do you have like some kind of mental disease?

Can you comprehend what Kojima's own tweet says?

Its simple logic and common sense etc. I swear, sometimes it seems like I'm the only person who has the ability to apply logic...

Kojima stated that if MGS4 was not in the MGS Legacy Collection, that the collection would then not really be the MGS Legacy. That would lead one to the logical conclusion that anything not in the Legacy Collection is not part of the MGS Legacy.

You can whine about how he didn't say it flat out, but he doesn't need to. He already did in that statement.

How is that so hard to understand? I mean, really? Do I have some kind of hidden human mental power that only I can tap into? I mean? Really? REALLY? How can you not understand this?

If Kojima, the game's creator, says Portable Ops is canon, it's canon. Implications be damned. The only reason you're taking an implication over a direct statement is because you don't like the game. This makes you either vain, or a liar. So which is it?
---
PSNID: Funchlax Gamertag: Funchlax12 Funchlax was taken...
#27solidoutlawPosted 7/9/2013 12:19:41 AM
Rule of thumb. Don't listen to anything alex says. He's just a troll.

Moving on, PO tells stuff like how BB became a leader and began creating an army, as well as some of the origins of the patriots. I find it to be equally if not slightly more important than PW. Keep in mind that Kojima didn't even finalize MGS4's story until PO was finished because he didn't want to make mistakes on referencing it.
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#28DarkGam3rPosted 7/9/2013 1:31:08 AM(edited)
If you enjoy Metal Gear Solid as a story, then go get it.

It has may have the worst gameplay of any MGS game, but the story is great enough to deserve the title of Metal Gear.
It's also a great display of Big Boss's shift from "He who takes orders" to "He who gives orders".
---
As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style
#29FunchlaxPosted 7/9/2013 1:42:12 AM
If nothing else you should at least watch a let's play. That's what I did. I don't know what the controls are like, though, but the story is of some importance to the series.
---
#30FunchlaxPosted 7/9/2013 1:45:29 AM
solidoutlaw posted...
Rule of thumb. Don't listen to anything alex says. He's just a troll.

Noted. And thanks.
---