Kazuhira Miller? Portable Ops? (No PW spoilers please)

#31Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 10:50:42 AM
eric_otness posted...
Patriarch105 posted...
SoulMikeY posted...

And if someone is getting "physically ill" from a video game, that might be a seizure... Might want to get that checked.

It was more of a sick to my stomach feeling. I had played MGS1 immediately before. When I went to MGS2 and President Johnson started talking the stupidity of the plot caused my stomach to churn.

I recovered by watching Breaking Bad.

Just out of curiosity, how far are you in PW, and how are you handling its story?

I just saved Amanda from the first boss the tank + Guys and they mentioned both going up river to check out nukes and going west to save chico.

I'd like to point out though as bad as I've heard PW's plot is I don't think it will make me feel sick. What I think caused it was.....

1) I made sure to mention several times i played MGS1 immediately before. The reasoning for this is not just marathoning the games but I feel like President Johnson's speech was when the story really started to retcon itself out of control.

2) The other part is it was the first point in the MGS series I encountered an exposition dump to dumb to digest in one sitting ON TOP OF the rest of the Metal Gear plot up to this point (And having played up to MGS4 previously knowing where the plot will be going)

So it's not so much that it's stupid but the fact that they couldn't even keep to their own stupid and retconned it AND the huge exposition dump. That they were rewriting an already nonsensical story with more and more nonsense and absolutely no levity it really was a lot to digest.

That being said I don't think I would of felt this way had I not been marathoning the games. I've played MGS2 more than any other MGS game and though I was younger at the time (haven't touched a MGS game since beating MGS4 when it came out) I've never felt that experience before.

With Peace Walker as stupid as it may get I expect it to come in much more managable chunks it only has to tie itself into Snake Eater, Portable Ops, and MG1 and that is much more managable then MGS2 which has to act as both a connector for MG1+MG2+MGS1 AND as a launching pad for the plot of MGS3, MGSPO and MGS4 (As well as MGSR:R but I'm not there yet)

If I had to pick two games that had the least to do with each other I'd probably pick PW and MGS2
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#32davide8068Posted 7/12/2013 11:26:09 AM
SoulMikeY posted...
Foxhound... Who gives a fat f***? I like how it's okay for every nerd on the Internet to jump on the granola bandwagon and talk s*** about America. Guess what? All you have to do is fly to another country and walk in to the U.S. embassy there, then just say "I do not want to be an American citizen." And BAM!, you're free.

Does anybody care if we're the most hated country? No. That's what I thought. Sorry if it's okay that our woman are treated better than our men, and that we allow everyone an education. GTFO.

And if someone is getting "physically ill" from a video game, that might be a seizure... Might want to get that checked.

Really?(I'm being serious) I mean about the embassy thing.
I've been looking forward to moving out of this country but thought the process was a lot more complicated. Sign me up! Beats marrying a foreigner.
#33Blackmarvel79Posted 7/12/2013 11:41:30 AM
alexg1989 posted...
MPO is not canon... THATS a FACT!

inb4riddleboxtakesitliterallyandwritesanessayaboutme

Its not what Kojima says.
---
Currently Playing Ninja Gaidan 2 and Zelda OOS and OOA.
#34KaliestoPosted 7/12/2013 1:16:45 PM(edited)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

***** AND MOAN!

***** AND MOAN!

wWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! MGS STORY SUCKS BECUZ I SAIDZ SO!!! WAAAHHHH
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#35KaliestoPosted 7/12/2013 1:18:46 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
SoulMikeY posted...

It was more of a sick to my stomach feeling. I had played MGS1 immediately before. When I went to MGS2 and President Johnson started talking the stupidity of the plot caused my stomach to churn.

I recovered by watching Breaking Bad.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord