Did Big Boss just open fire on a bunch of child soldiers in that new trailer?

#1CelestialMindPosted 7/12/2013 3:29:49 AM
The part where he hands them a few diamonds and then it cuts to him shooting something.
Was it meant to imply he shot them all?

If that's the case, this game will probably be banned.
#2AngryGFAQerPosted 7/12/2013 3:45:17 AM
We've gone through this before; master editing.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#3MikeoftheDesertPosted 7/12/2013 4:00:55 AM
CelestialMind posted...

And that would be deeply stupid.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 7/12/2013 4:52:56 AM
CelestialMind posted...

And that would be deeply stupid.

Why?
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#5PiranacondaPosted 7/12/2013 5:18:47 AM
You can shoot up an airport in CoD MW2
You can kill countless civilians in the GTA series. The same with a bunch of other games.
Nothing new, really.

Though killing civies may be in Big Boss' character since he eventually turns bad.
---
PSN: xxTerminatorxx5
#6il_capitanoPosted 7/12/2013 5:55:47 AM(edited)
Master edit my ass.

He takes no cover so no 1 is shooting him back, the background is the same, he has an evil look and "men become demons".

And for the sake of being 100% honest, ok i may be wrong, but my view on the scene has as much ground as the misleading editing has.

---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#7eric_otnessPosted 7/12/2013 6:02:28 AM
il_capitano posted...
Master edit my ass.

He takes no cover so no 1 is shooting him back, the background is the same, he has an evil look and "men become demons".

And for the sake of being 100% honest, ok i may be wrong, but my view on the scene has as much ground as the misleading editing has.

Maybe, but then again, the "Jack the Ripper" trailer for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance made it seem as though Raiden had completely succumbed to his Jack the Ripper nature by the time he quit Maverick, when he actually succumbed much later (specifically, when encountering Monsoon). Let me also point out that the trailer in question was made by Kojima, just as the E3 trailer is. Heck, one of the MGS3 trailers was also framed to make it seem as though The Boss shot out Naked Snake's eye during the Virtuous Mission, and made her seem as monstrous as Volgin, and yet as you can tell from MGS3, not only is she not nearly as bad as they made her out to be in the trailers, she wasn't even responsible for Big Boss's loss of his eye, Ocelot was.
#8AngryGFAQerPosted 7/12/2013 6:52:37 AM
il_capitano posted...
Master edit my ass.

Because the stone wall behind BB while he is shooting is obviously exclusive to just that one part of the map where the kids cell are located in, amirite.

I love how people just pull assumptions out of their ass from an edited trailer with snippets of interspersed scenes. Love it
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 7/12/2013 6:56:51 AM
When it shows him firing he is aiming up and to the right. All the caged people were down and center.

If anything it seems like someone surprised Big Boss while he was freeing them.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10linuxroxPosted 7/12/2013 7:19:57 AM
Piranaconda posted...
You can shoot up an airport in CoD MW2
You can kill countless civilians in the GTA series. The same with a bunch of other games.
Nothing new, really.

Though killing civies may be in Big Boss' character since he eventually turns bad.

How many games can you kill children, though? It's kinda a taboo thing and when it's included it's banned or censored in many countries.
---
Who dares, wins.