Did Big Boss just open fire on a bunch of child soldiers in that new trailer?

#21riddlebox89Posted 7/12/2013 9:41:19 AM
MikeoftheDesert posted...
CelestialMind posted...

If that's the case, this game will probably be banned.

And that would be deeply stupid.

Yes it would, hell Ellie from The Last of Us has quite a few death scenes, and she's 14 years old, that game wasn't banned.

You can mod both Fallout 3 and New Vegas to make children killable, yet the game and the mods haven't been banned.

AngryGFAQer posted...
We've gone through this before; master editing.

Yes we have been through this before, yes it is master editing so it could very well either be Big Boss killed them or was shooting at someone else entirely, there's nothing to suggest either one happened more than the other.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#22jessevalePosted 7/12/2013 10:10:18 AM
Could also be part of that "you get to choose who dies," as in that scene can happen if you want to kill the kids. But if you don't then something else happens.
---
SE is a FUGPUSC, Yasumi Matsuno is brilliant, Tetsuya Nomura is my most treacherous foe.
inXile is the next big thing for true RPGs.
#23MalcyonPosted 7/12/2013 10:12:26 AM
Even if it's the case or not, it's incredibly hypocritical regarding societies views on killing kids in media.

What's so different about shooting a child and shooting an adult? At the end of the day you still killed a human being, age doesn't make any difference.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
#24Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 7/12/2013 11:48:10 AM
Malcyon posted...
Even if it's the case or not, it's incredibly hypocritical regarding societies views on killing kids in media.

What's so different about shooting a child and shooting an adult? At the end of the day you still killed a human being, age doesn't make any difference.

Sounds like something a sociopath would say. Also, at least in the U.S., I rarely hear about any form of censorship in gaming. Videogames are just another form of media - and the whole scapegoating has started to die out almost completely. I'm seeing nudity in quite a few games now too. Heavy Rain, God of War, Castlevania off the top of my head.

Child soldiers have been depicted in books and movies many times already. It's not that "taboo".
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#25MalcyonPosted 7/12/2013 12:30:42 PM
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
Malcyon posted...

Sounds like something a sociopath would say. Also, at least in the U.S., I rarely hear about any form of censorship in gaming. Videogames are just another form of media - and the whole scapegoating has started to die out almost completely. I'm seeing nudity in quite a few games now too. Heavy Rain, God of War, Castlevania off the top of my head.

Child soldiers have been depicted in books and movies many times already. It's not that "taboo".

In what way does this make me sound like a sociopath?

Human life is sacred, whether you're a child, adult or someone on their death bed. I was merely pointing out society views killing an adult as a-okay but if a child is killed it should be banned.

I wasn't aware I said anything like "I want to kill children in this game" in my previous post.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
#26deimos91Posted 7/12/2013 12:32:57 PM
AngryGFAQer posted...

The thing is the children back away and look frightened so it may not be editing
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#27Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 7/12/2013 12:38:50 PM
deimos91 posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

The thing is the children back away and look frightened so it may not be editing

That doesn't mean they're backing away at Snake.
---
#28Dicer7Posted 7/12/2013 12:42:43 PM
AngryGFAQer posted...

Probably. But outright denying that that scene is what it appears to be is pretty ignorant to begin with. The truth is we won't know until it's out.
#29Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 7/12/2013 12:43:18 PM
Malcyon posted...

Human life is sacred, whether you're a child, adult or someone on their death bed. I was merely pointing out society views killing an adult as a-okay but if a child is killed it should be banned.

I wasn't aware I said anything like "I want to kill children in this game" in my previous post.

I'm just saying most normal people feel sympathetic for a child that is faced with death compared to that of an adult. Yes, killing anyone is a heinous act - but you'd have to be pretty heartless to feel nothing for the death of a child. Part of it has to do with innocence, their ability to fight back, how easily swayed they are to do the wrong things, etc. But I won't waste my time trying to argue something like this over GameFAQs. So I'll just leave it at that.
---
#30Dave_GahanPosted 7/12/2013 12:51:24 PM
Kojima wants you to think its just editing maybe.
---
TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?
HOUSTON TEXANS