MGSV update!

#1makdude1994Posted 8/1/2013 8:11:35 PM
Hideo Kojima shared some small new details on Metal Gear Solid V on his official twitter account.

A lot of the information he revealed about Metal Gear Solid V were small gameplay details that Snake can do in the game. He confirmed there will be an online mode for the game and talked briefly about the CQC in it too.

Check out what Kojima had to say about Metal Gear Solid V below:

-In my next game, things will be for real. No Wall smash.
-Not like Manga like “PW” (Peace Walker), it will be “CQC enemies into walls” for real.
-When I told my staff to implement “Wall smash CQC enemies into wall” in PW, they didn’t really like that idea. But my intention was how “MGS” can be implemented in PSP to bring the real thrill of CQC for teenager(s). That aim in a way succeeded.
-BTW, there will be crawling in the next “MGS”.
-There will not be like “Cautious advance” that appeared in “MGS4″.
-You can steal the weapon from enemy and fire as shown in E3 trailer.
-Of course there will be online.
-Restriction of using enemy’s weapon was because of the future setting w/ID weapons. Next game setting is in old days so u can use them.
#2makdude1994(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 8:12:05 PM
wth does kojima mean by cautious advance???
#3Robin_MaskPosted 8/1/2013 8:19:17 PM
makdude1994 posted...

Caution alert...? Japanese games use different terms at times so it tends to get difficult in games.

Just how in Street Fighter III, "Blocking" is "Parrying" in Japanese.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#4Gr3gSolidusPosted 8/1/2013 8:27:40 PM
makdude1994 posted...

Remember how the last time we could silently crawl Snake literally moved at a snails pace in order to emphasize his age? Sounds like that's gone now.
#5Tbar67Posted 8/1/2013 8:29:42 PM
Well I would think there'd be crawling, considering every game play footage that we have seen, shows Snake doing so. In fact we were shown a segment where we did nothing but crawling. Most of this is stuff that we already know, but thanks for the update.
---
I'M GETTING SLEEPY!! ..................... I FEEL ASLEEP!!
#6DeepThroat0Posted 8/1/2013 9:14:58 PM
I think by "cautious advance" he is talking about the slow crouch walk. It sounds like this will be more like pre MGS4 games.
---
Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts.
#7MajorZeroPosted 8/1/2013 9:36:41 PM
DeepThroat0 posted...
I think by "cautious advance" he is talking about the slow crouch walk. It sounds like this will be more like pre MGS4 games.

Nope its the extremely slow crawl you can do in mgs4. Where Snake moves every body part a little bit at a time