If "Quiet" was in a movie she would be laughed at.

#1Face_LostPosted 9/6/2013 11:26:17 AM
I don't care if you think it's sexist or not, but if Quiet was a character in a Hollywood triple A title, she would be laughed at. Sure woman are sexualized a lot in Hollywood movies, but never is it THAT blatant. She only wears underwear and can't talk for christs sake. Since when have you seen a character with a straight face and a gun running around and shooting people in her nickers? It's blatant catering to men with a complete disregard to women. Let's see a male character who only sneaks around wearing a thong. Think that's not funny?
Kojima even said she existed the way she does so that cosplayers will dress up as her.

The reasons Kojima can get away with this are several:
1. The majority of fans that play MGS are men, either used to this and see no problem, or horny teenagers.
2. It's made in Japan.
3. There ARE girls who will cosplay as Quiet gladly.

If you think this is OK then youre wrong because the world sees video games as if they are for horny boys and children, and as complicated as previous MGS games may be, no one will ever know when they see a bunch of idiots dressed up as Quiet with a bunch of teen boys gawking at her.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918
#2kill_distroyPosted 9/6/2013 11:28:24 AM
So you pretty much bash Kojima for doing this and then list three very logical reasons for Quiet's look? Ok........
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#3Face_Lost(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:33:22 AM
kill_distroy posted...
So you pretty much bash Kojima for doing this and then list three very logical reasons for Quiet's look? Ok........

Logical if you want to disregard everyone else who will or might have played the game, or at least seen it as a higher form of entertainment instead of wanking material.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918
#4kill_distroyPosted 9/6/2013 11:36:13 AM(edited)
Face_Lost posted...
kill_distroy posted...

Logical if you want to disregard everyone else who will or might have played the game, or at least seen it as a higher form of entertainment instead of wanking material.

Whatever you say. If you want this to be wanking material, you are free to see it that way. Most of us fans will see it as nothing out of the ordinary and move on
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#5SterlingFoxPosted 9/6/2013 11:50:27 AM
How is her not being able to talk sexist?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#6MajorZeroPosted 9/6/2013 12:00:31 PM
I dont think she wold be laughed at, mean did you laugh at michelle rodriguez in Machete during the second half of the movie? or how about Rose Mcgowen in Planet terror.

point is this isn't something new and stupid, and hey you don't have to like it, that's fine, but don't make a judgement call until you're given context (AKA played the game)
#7Chocobo985Posted 9/6/2013 1:16:18 PM
MajorZero posted...
I dont think she wold be laughed at, mean did you laugh at michelle rodriguez in Machete during the second half of the movie? or how about Rose Mcgowen in Planet terror.

point is this isn't something new and stupid, and hey you don't have to like it, that's fine, but don't make a judgement call until you're given context (AKA played the game)

context is irrelevant to people like him.

I think its kind of sexist to think that woman are so shallow and insecure that a character like Quiet would do any damage to woman in modern society.
---
There's room for only one Snake, and one Big Boss!- Liquid
3DS friend code: 3110-4616-4374 add me for Animal Crossing!
#8RomeoMinolaPosted 9/6/2013 1:23:40 PM
SterlingFox posted...
How is her not being able to talk sexist?

There's a male stereotype that the perfect woman will provide 3 things, constant silence among them.
#9Skurv7Posted 9/6/2013 1:38:51 PM
I'm tired of double standards...can we all just agree she's a bunch of pixels and have a big tall cup of shut the f*** up?
#10x0nighthawk0xPosted 9/6/2013 1:51:40 PM
I don't see how she would be laught at...I mean there's been worse in movies and people didn't laugh at them either.

It's funny how, because she's skimpy dressed, that it's suddenly the worst and most evil thing ever for some people, my god it's just a fictional character, not the end of the world. Just suck it up and stfu
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew