If "Quiet" was in a movie she would be laughed at.

#61MajorZeroPosted 9/7/2013 2:37:40 PM
docman864 posted...
MajorZero posted...
The reality of this is as long as someone is making money off these lame stereotypes they will continue..

Here are some facts
WOMEN can wear whatever they want
WOMEN don't wear clothing to satisfy needs of men
A WOMAN can walk around with very few clothes on...but it doesn't mean she was 'asking for it'

What we as a society need to di is properly educate ourselves about the rights of the individual...and the measures that the media will go to so that they can continue to make $$ off us.

For every fight for women's rights..therr will be some tool out there trying to make money off of it.

Sure a bare chested man is definetely portrayed different then a bare chested woman..but it's up to you as an individual to recognize that and say its not right.

so you are saying this is always the case even in "design," then again, we don't know until we've played the game.

Yeah exactly..if it turns out Quiet wears the clothes and hits on Big Boss and is just some one dimensional classic bond girl..then maybe I can see where the outcry is comming from..but even then its Kojimas game si if he wants her that wat so be it..I would be dussapointed..but life goes on.
#62kingrat2314Posted 9/7/2013 2:39:37 PM
Piccolo, you're so full of ****. You're in the wrong, and extremely ignorant to boot.
---
Tread lightly.
#63Piccolo_SanPosted 9/7/2013 2:48:42 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
Piccolo, you're so full of ****. You're in the wrong, and extremely ignorant to boot.

Why thank you, this is the first time I've had someone actually get to the root of explaining why that is and how I'm extremely ignorant. I'm completely floored, my foundation shaken because you've just destroyed everything I thought I knew about myself with such an in-depth analysis.
---
"Once, my tv didn't work, so I kicked it. And it started working again. 8)" - Deadpool
#64Chocobo985Posted 9/7/2013 2:55:28 PM
Piccolo_San posted...
kingrat2314 posted...

Why thank you, this is the first time I've had someone actually get to the root of explaining why that is and how I'm extremely ignorant. I'm completely floored, my foundation shaken because you've just destroyed everything I thought I knew about myself with such an in-depth analysis.

Good, now stop posting ignorant crap
---
There's room for only one Snake, and one Big Boss!- Liquid
3DS friend code: 3110-4616-4374 add me for Animal Crossing!
#65Piccolo_SanPosted 9/7/2013 2:56:31 PM
Chocobo985 posted...
Good, now stop posting ignorant crap

Now you want to join in? Interesting.
---
"Once, my tv didn't work, so I kicked it. And it started working again. 8)" - Deadpool
#66Robin_MaskPosted 9/7/2013 2:59:04 PM
Piccolo_San posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's still a double-standard that men can be paraded naked without anyone caring

Breasts are sexualized. Show men being paraded around bottomless with no one caring and then I will agree with you, but that will never happen. When you see a guy shirtless, you don't look at it twice unless you're into that sort of thing. If you're at the beach and a woman sees you without your shirt on, is the universal reaction to blush and cover your chest up?

I can easily tell you that lots of women enjoyed 300 and Arnold's Conan movies because of the men in it.

So? How does that factor into this conversation at all? Did they enjoy the part where they saw someone's junk on screen? Oh, that's right, because those movies didn't have any of that. Hollywood does what it can not to.. not so much offend but make movies safe for the demographic they're out to get, that's why you don't see male full frontal nudity often and why it's so easy to see breasts.

So if women are required to wear clothes so they don't oversexualize anything, why not apply the same to men?

Who said anything about them being required? I said I wasn't going to repeat myself so the answer can be seen in any of my posts. In this case I'm just saying I think it looks dumb.

So are you completely okay with having games and movies where the men are naked and just wear a thong like 300 even though historically and accurately, the Spartans did wear armor? Along with Xerxes looking beyond ridiculous in that film, but actually wore clothes in the historical events?

What if there were just women in 300 who wore a tube top and a thong who battled alongside the Spartans but they never said anything sexual to them?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#67BerserkFury8533Posted 9/7/2013 3:46:38 PM
I guess people didn't take Mystic serious in the X-men movies because she was naked right?...
---
(\_/) (o.o) (=0=) ^ ^ i haz a nut :3
--(Psn: LunaticHighZZZZZ)---
#68Piccolo_SanPosted 9/7/2013 3:59:12 PM(edited)
Robin_Mask posted...
So are you completely okay with having games and movies where the men are naked and just wear a thong like 300 even though historically and accurately, the Spartans did wear armor? Along with Xerxes looking beyond ridiculous in that film, but actually wore clothes in the historical events?

1. Your example doesn't really fit when you go on to include your problem with historical inaccuracies. 300 is based off of a graphic novel of the same name, so if they were to adapt it but include armor and change all the historical inaccuracies within the source material, I'd really see no point in making it in the first place if you had no plans to stick with it.
2. You have to understand that in regards to Quiet, we have a series of games that came before this compared to your example that is just one thing--that may or may not have a part 2 coming out and that does play a large factor in this.If this was a new property and she was the new character, I would think her design was ridiculous and write it off, I'd have no problem with it being out there for those who want it. I'd still encourage them to make better looking character designs for women as I think the clothing looks ugly. I'd also be thinking along the lines of "This is the character you're going to have go to war torn area and tackle things like child soldiers and other semi serious narratives? lol ok.."
3. Your post is giving me the impression you think there aren't enough games out there with women who are naked or just wear a thong compared to the games with men that are rarely treated the same in those sort of games I have no problem being out there for those who want them.

What if there were just women in 300 who wore a tube top and a thong who battled alongside the Spartans but they never said anything sexual to them?

If there was a one shot 300 with women wearing tube tops and a thong? I wouldn't really have a problem with it or care to watch it. I imagine if you go to watch 300 with babes you know what you're expecting to get into. That's really why I don't like many what if questions, there are factors that need to be answered for before I can give a proper answer. You say they never say anything sexual to them, but are they bouncing around? Where she goes to throw a spear at Xerxes, are her breasts about to pop out in slow motion or is it all serious? Hence why I have trouble answering that part of your question.
---
#69xhominidPosted 9/7/2013 4:29:07 PM
Piccolo_San posted...
This is coming from an American perspective btw

Your argument isnow dead and cannot be revived.
Pretty much everyone laughs at how Americans deal with Violence and Sex compared to almost everywhere else in the world.

So yeah, no more talking about this business.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex - MMOs and Skullgirls
http://i.imgur.com/YYBMh9g.gif http://i.imgur.com/iFyYPay.gif I'm Dat Ass Guy
#70Piccolo_SanPosted 9/7/2013 4:33:54 PM
xhominid posted...
Piccolo_San posted...
This is coming from an American perspective btw

Your argument isnow dead and cannot be revived.
Pretty much everyone laughs at how Americans deal with Violence and Sex compared to almost everywhere else in the world.

So yeah, no more talking about this business.

You seem to be assuming that came out as some sort of "USA, WE'RE NUMBER ONE" statement, it was merely to let people know where I come from so our views may or may not be drastically different depending on where they hang their hats. I'm sorry for doing that...? Nice chip you have on your shoulder there.
---