If people are so winded up over Quiet's attire...

#1StrifistPosted 9/7/2013 4:15:07 AM
..then why was there no huge uproar when Raiden was portrayed completely nude in MGS2?
---
Oh Japan, stop it you. Such nice games. In Japanese. :(
Real Monster Hunters shave with fish.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 9/7/2013 5:13:45 AM
Strifist posted...
..then why was there no huge uproar when Raiden was portrayed completely nude in MGS2?

Context. Raiden didn't begin the mission naked. He had to manage.
---
My Saints Row IV Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/649270-saints-row-iv/reviews/review-155468
#3Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 5:16:23 AM
I'm pretty sure Quiet's skin will blend into the environment. Remember that weird shadowing on her face that disappears in the trailer?
#4RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 5:20:52 AM
I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be a big deal in the least for anyone but feminazis if her attire didn't look so completely trashy.

Sexualization is fine if it's handled with class, what Quiet is wearing is like Miley Cyrus at the VMAs. What we rather see is Selena Gomez in "Slow Down".

Also with regards to Raiden, you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges since Raiden was only completely nude for one very short part of the game. But that said I do agree that if it was a female character that was forced to run around completely naked the feminist community would be screaming bloody murder.
#5Skurv7Posted 9/7/2013 6:05:45 AM
Raiden is a Caucasian male. You could hang him while he worse a corset, panty hose and high heels and no one would blink.
#6BioThreat14Posted 9/7/2013 6:24:33 AM
Skurv7 posted...
Raiden is a Caucasian male. You could hang him while he worse a corset, panty hose and high heels and no one would blink.

It's because the Otakus are mad that MGSV doesn't offer a fully nude pretty boy doing cartweels or a victimized, crying, naked school girl and were shocked to see an adult women with a bikini top instead.
#7Grindcorp9000Posted 9/7/2013 7:53:57 AM
They showed Raikov in a thong and there camera even zoomed in on his crotch. And how could anyone forget how tight Snakes suit hugged his ass in MGS4. In the microwave scene the camera was damn near up there.
#8Face_LostPosted 9/7/2013 8:19:51 AM
Jesus. People like you always try to turn the tables but the reason people don't like Quiet goes completely over your head. It isn't simply the fact that a woman is in her underwear. It's because she is in her underwear and particularly sexualized for no apparent reason in the game. Kojima says there is a good reason, but come on. Obviously step1 was to put her in her underwear and step 2 was to come up with a reason so it didn't seem like blatant pandering to perverts.

Also, Raiden was made for teen girls originally if I remember correctly. In a pathetic attempt to gain female fans Raiden was conceived, and I suppose the true reason for him being naked at the end also had something to do with that, but most of the fans hated Raiden in the first place. He could have handled this much better, but that's the route he went with, and people did complain.

And guess what, people are complaining about Quiet for the same reasons. She's clearly made for horny boys and attention loving cosplayers. The difference is, those are the people who already play MGS.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918
#9riddlebox89Posted 9/7/2013 10:05:12 AM
RomeoMinola posted...
Also with regards to Raiden, you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges since Raiden was only completely nude for one very short part of the game.

And this is where your complaints become nearly invalid, how do you know if it won't be the same deal here? That she's only in that one outfit for a short part of the game but wears something entirely different for the rest? Simple, you don't and you could very well be complaining about nothing.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10Face_LostPosted 9/7/2013 10:13:23 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
Also with regards to Raiden, you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges since Raiden was only completely nude for one very short part of the game.

And this is where your complaints become nearly invalid, how do you know if it won't be the same deal here? That she's only in that one outfit for a short part of the game but wears something entirely different for the rest? Simple, you don't and you could very well be complaining about nothing.

She's introduced and represented in underwear so of course that is very likely her standard attire, and a very reasonable assumption. No one even knew Raiden had a nude scene until they were at the end of the game or unless they heard about it on the internet.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918