If people are so winded up over Quiet's attire...

#11riddlebox89Posted 9/7/2013 10:00:34 AM
Face_Lost posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
Also with regards to Raiden, you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges since Raiden was only completely nude for one very short part of the game.

And this is where your complaints become nearly invalid, how do you know if it won't be the same deal here? That she's only in that one outfit for a short part of the game but wears something entirely different for the rest? Simple, you don't and you could very well be complaining about nothing.

She's introduced and represented in underwear so of course that is very likely her standard attire, and a very reasonable assumption. No one even knew Raiden had a nude scene until they were at the end of the game or unless they heard about it on the internet.

And? Nobody even knew Raiden existed at all unless they played the game or heard about it, so this point is irrelevant.

That and how exactly does it being what she wears in the trailer make it her standard attire? It's the outfit she has in the trailer, that doesn't say anything more than...it's the outfit she wears in the trailer, it certainly doesn't imply that that's the only thing she's going to be wearing for the whole game.

So as I said before, you could very well be complaining about nothing because she could very well only wear that particular outfit once and then never be seen in it again.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12Robin_MaskPosted 9/7/2013 10:06:18 AM
Because it's okay to have double-standards against men. /sarcasm

Conan the Barbarian, Kratos, Rick from Splatterhose, Sagat, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Goro Daimon, Liu Kang have been shirtless since way back and no one bats an eyelid. Nope, perfectly fine to have oversexualized men just cause.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#13yellowduckvgPosted 9/7/2013 10:57:50 AM
As a proud red blooded male, I like it.................
#14RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 11:04:10 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
Also with regards to Raiden, you're pretty much comparing apples to oranges since Raiden was only completely nude for one very short part of the game.

And this is where your complaints become nearly invalid, how do you know if it won't be the same deal here? That she's only in that one outfit for a short part of the game but wears something entirely different for the rest? Simple, you don't and you could very well be complaining about nothing.

There's something called; working with the information we have. Perhaps Quiet will have more clothes on for the majority of the game but we've yet to see evidence of that and given that Kojima is encouraging cosplayers to dress this particular way the safe assumption is that her shown attire will be her main attire.

Secondly; that point you singled out has no relevance to anything else I posted so I don't see how it renders my "complaints"(?) invalid. It's clear you're angry about something but that was probably one of the single weakest arguments I've ever seen you make.
#15kingrat2314Posted 9/7/2013 1:49:22 PM
Face_Lost posted...
Jesus. People like you always try to turn the tables but the reason people don't like Quiet goes completely over your head. It isn't simply the fact that a woman is in her underwear. It's because she is in her underwear and particularly sexualized for no apparent reason in the game. Kojima says there is a good reason, but come on. Obviously step1 was to put her in her underwear and step 2 was to come up with a reason so it didn't seem like blatant pandering to perverts.

Also, Raiden was made for teen girls originally if I remember correctly. In a pathetic attempt to gain female fans Raiden was conceived, and I suppose the true reason for him being naked at the end also had something to do with that, but most of the fans hated Raiden in the first place. He could have handled this much better, but that's the route he went with, and people did complain.

And guess what, people are complaining about Quiet for the same reasons. She's clearly made for horny boys and attention loving cosplayers. The difference is, those are the people who already play MGS.

God dammit, stop being ignorant.
---
Tread lightly.
#16sneakysnakePosted 9/7/2013 5:47:43 PM
All the feminists are on an uproar here. Just the same for Dragon's Crown and Killer is Dead.