David Ellis (Halo Designer) Says Quiet's Design Is 'Disgusting'

#1ScoobySnackPosted 9/7/2013 12:05:27 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/07/halo-dev-metal-gear-solid-v-character-design-is-disgusting

And here we go again. Entertain me, people.
---
This is our ''Trap America...''
The Six-Man Power Trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhWheE_xas
#2kill_distroyPosted 9/7/2013 12:06:41 PM
Ahem Ahem...... Cortana got a boob job when 343 took over halo, this guy is what's pathetic.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#3Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 12:10:29 PM
Dude. super late.
#4betterboulderPosted 9/7/2013 12:14:03 PM
I was hoping no one would post this but yes. I'm fine if people say they dislike the design. Not every design can appeal to everyone. I take issue with being labeled as a 'manbaby' if I like the design. A phenomenon that seems to be constant whenever this topic is sparked by quick-to-comment devs or 'journalists' and they wonder why fans respond with such vitriol. It's pathetic name calling that serves only to rile people up rather than begin a helpful discourse of sexism and/or character design.
---
More than happy to purchase the Wii U as my Smash Bros. Box
NintendoNetwork/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#5ScoobySnack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 12:19:53 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Dude. super late.

Sorry, sir. I checked around, and didn't see any topics for it, just the usual general bickering.
---
This is our ''Trap America...''
The Six-Man Power Trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhWheE_xas
#6Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 12:22:20 PM
ScoobySnack posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Dude. super late.

Sorry, sir. I checked around, and didn't see any topics for it, just the usual general bickering.

People have been mentioning it but no one bothered with a topic and just lumped it in with the general reactions to Quiet. Nothing wrong with it, just saying we know already.
#7docman864Posted 9/7/2013 12:37:41 PM(edited)
might as well say all women who show skin are disgusting. oh wait, they have been doing that.

Then again, if this is the response Kojima intended to receive, then so be it.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#8MajorZeroPosted 9/7/2013 1:11:26 PM
David ellis needs to play and beat mgs5 before relegating Quiet to a gta hooker
#9sneakysnakePosted 9/7/2013 5:49:05 PM
We all know IGN is sucking on feminists teats. Just like Kotaku's dealings with Dragon's Crown.
#10BigBoss_255Posted 9/7/2013 8:41:12 PM
Fortune from MGS2 had the same problem. She wore a bathing suit for god's sake; she was supposed to be a proud soldier not a street hooker. Even when I saw the trailer(which I loved btw) for the first time I thought she was really badly designed.

Meryl overall was done really well so it's not like it's impossible to do. Same with sniper wolf, although god knows what she would have looked like if the environment had of been warmer lol

To a much lesser extent and to be truthful it has been there in the past with Eva unzipping at every oportune moment and even when you fight the boss at the end of MGS3 she does the same thing. And even in peace walker you can zoom in during cutscenes on Paz and see her in her underwear even though the game is telling us she is supposed to be sixteen years old.

I mean look at how the fanbase carried on with Sunny's first appearance, she was supposed to be eleven for god's sake and everyone on here was sayin the most messed up crap.