If anyone loves the MGS series for the storyline I recommend anime

#1moniewitchPosted 9/7/2013 12:15:24 PM
anime has great interesting stories like MGS series.

examples

Cowboy Bebop
One Piece
Berserk
Last Exile
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Holicxxx
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Fullmetal Panic
etc.

these and other animes have seriously great storylines and interesting characters that offer all incredible stories and great interesting characters

I wonder if they will ever come out with a MGS anime

Anyways tootles
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#2Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 12:20:24 PM
I know I did not see you put One Piece next to Cowboy Bebop on a list of animes you hail for their narratives. I must be seeing things.
#3outlawdgPosted 9/7/2013 12:21:19 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
I know I did not see you put One Piece next to Cowboy Bebop on a list of animes you hail for their narratives. I must be seeing things.

'This'
---
"What is a man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk, Have at you!" -Dracula, Castlevania: SOTN
#4RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 12:21:49 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...

I was thinking exactly this.
#5moniewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 12:37:22 PM
WHat you don't like One Piece why not? It has a great adventure story and characters with diverse personality it reminds me of the Final Fantasy series sorta or mostly any good quality RPG's
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#6Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 12:44:34 PM
moniewitch posted...
WHat you don't like One Piece why not? It has a great adventure story and characters with diverse personality it reminds me of the Final Fantasy series sorta or mostly any good quality RPG's

There are not enough hours in the day to tell you.I'll simply say that it's Shonen Jump garbage but thanks to teenagers with disposable incomes it will never end regardless of quality. When you think about it the series is Sisyphean in nature. There will always be a group of even eviler dudes out there and the rubber guy is going to remember he's fighting for his friends all over again to beat them, also lets not forget the five volumes unrelated padding in between (Did anyone see where Bleach stopped right in its tracks so some B characters could make cake?).
#7PinwheelePosted 9/7/2013 12:45:55 PM
No. One Piece and Metal Gear Solid aren't even remotely close in any sense. This thread is just you recommending anime, not "Anime you'll like if you enjoy MGS."

I loved Cowboy Bebop, LOVED Berserk, thoroughly enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. But would I recommend these to people just off of the notion they'd like Metal Gear Solid? Hell no. I still have absolutely no clue how you've gotten to this conclusion.
---
http://youtu.be/lM2Lcj2OBg8
^Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, super quick fandub clip by yours truly.
#8supersmashbrosfPosted 9/7/2013 12:49:05 PM
I came in here expecting an Otacon reference.
#9Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 12:49:32 PM
Pinwheele posted...
No. One Piece and Metal Gear Solid aren't even remotely close in any sense. This thread is just you recommending anime, not "Anime you'll like if you enjoy MGS."

I loved Cowboy Bebop, LOVED Berserk, thoroughly enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. But would I recommend these to people just off of the notion they'd like Metal Gear Solid? Hell no. I still have absolutely no clue how you've gotten to this conclusion.

Admittedly, this too.I recommend you try apples if you like Metal Gear Solid.
#10RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 12:55:40 PM
moniewitch posted...

I don't even get why you're recommending anime over manga. 9 out of 10 times an anime is a cheaply produced, sloppily written version of the manga they were based on. Of course there are exceptions such as Death Note and Code Geass where the anime receives quality work and turns out better but that's beyond rare.