Storywise, why do you think Quiet wears what she wears?

#11RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 2:19:18 PM(edited)
I'm not sure personally but I'm glad that misjudgment and prejudice based on external appearances is a theme Kojima is looking at because it's something that happens far to frequently in all walks of society. I'm reminded of an absolutely gorgeous girl I knew that comes from a rich family and sleeps around a lot. Most people that know her just assume that she's rich trash but seldom does anyone take the time to know that the reason she dresses and acts the way she does was drilled into her head from a young age by her mother who never even lets her leave the house if she doesn't have makeup on and her constant need for approval from men because of the complete lack of attention she received from her dad.

People too frequently think it's okay to judge someone without walking a day in their own shoes and if Kojima thinks he can send home this message through Quiet then I say power to him.
#12Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 2:18:20 PM
Name and address plz.
#13RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 2:23:18 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Name and address plz.

-_-
#14Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 2:23:49 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Name and address plz.

-_-

You knew this was coming.
#15RomeoMinolaPosted 9/7/2013 2:25:35 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Name and address plz.

-_-

Actually that face was because I didn't know it was coming but I should have.
#16Robin_MaskPosted 9/7/2013 2:27:23 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
I'm not sure personally but I'm glad that misjudgment and prejudice based on external appearances is a theme Kojima is looking at because it's something that happens far to frequently in all walks of society. I'm reminded of an absolutely gorgeous girl I knew that comes from a rich family and sleeps around a lot. Most people that know her just assume that she's rich trash but seldom does anyone take the time to know that the reason she dresses and acts the way she does was drilled into her head from a young age by her mother who never even lets her leave the house if she doesn't have makeup on and her constant need for approval from men because of the complete lack of attention she received from her dad.

People too frequently think it's okay to judge someone without walking a day in their own shoes and if Kojima thinks he can send home this message through Quiet then I say power to him.

Well said.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#17F0XholePosted 9/7/2013 2:27:58 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Name and address plz.

-_-

Actually that face was because I didn't know it was coming but I should have.

I bet SHE would know if it was.... No, you know what? No. I just have to stop right there. No.
#18Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/7/2013 2:35:12 PM(edited)
I just hope Kojima is actually eloquent in getting the point across or else he's just going to look dumb.But then again, by the time the game is out no one will care anyway.
#19MajorZeroPosted 9/7/2013 2:29:30 PM
RomeoMinola posted...

As long as the messege doesn't get lost in the plethora of mgs' ness.

Mgs4 had a great start with old Solid Snake feeling like he was useless as an individual in the mgs society..and I was looking forward to seeing his journey to either self rediscovery or reinvention...and while they did do it...it was done cheapily with Big Boss at the end.
#20sneakysnakePosted 9/7/2013 7:02:50 PM
She dressed that way to intentionally upset the feminists, and Kojima leaves out of it with kicks and giggles.