AM Rifle Type 69

#1Old_SolidusPosted 9/19/2013 3:20:21 AM
You'd think this is a joke topic, but that's actually a rifle of a guard in MGSV demo. Anybody heard of this before? The net surely hasn't...
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons
#2Old_Solidus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 4:04:16 AM
I also noticed an MRS-4 Rifle. I am shuddering to the thought of NO REAL WEAPONS / FAKE NAMES due to copyright?? In a Metal Gear game?????
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons
#3kanto_wandererPosted 9/19/2013 7:32:47 AM
Metal Gear has always pulled off the pseudo-military tech very well. If they did replace real world weapons with loosely disguised counterparts, I don't think it'll be any major loss.
#4RomeoMinolaPosted 9/19/2013 7:56:29 AM
Yeah I noticed MRS-4 and thinking I really hope that isn't supposed to be an M4.

It would be beyond weird if they started using fake weapons names now, MGS4 and Peace Walker had an ungodly number of weapons and equipment available and even Portable Ops used actual weapon names. They're making a lot of changes like that stupid FPS health recovery that shouldn't be in a stealth game and it would be really annoying to think that the only reason they're doing all of this is just because a lot American games like Uncharted do these things.

Hopefully since the game is still in production they just haven't gotten the copyrights approved yet and that's all this is. I suppose kanto is right and this really isn't a huge loss, but it's unquestionably weird if they just start dong this now.
#5istuffedsunnyPosted 9/19/2013 2:37:30 PM
I'm more annoyed by the fact there's going to be an infinite supply of easily obtainable weapons.
---
I have a radio in my car.
#6Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/19/2013 2:47:03 PM
istuffedsunny posted...
I'm more annoyed by the fact there's going to be an infinite supply of easily obtainable weapons.

No one is forcing you to use them.
#7kanto_wandererPosted 9/19/2013 3:17:21 PM
No doubt. I never used half the weapons in MGS4 just because most of them aren't all that worthwhile or useful. They're nice to collect and read about on the Weapons screen, but aside from that, it seems more like they were included for show rather than their serving a practical purpose. It looks like from the demo that Snake might only be able to carry between two to four weapons at a time during any one mission, swapping out on the fly with what he finds if need be. I like that, since it might necessitate players to use weapons they otherwise might not ever equip out of mission dependency. But we'll see, because knowing Kojima's love for having detailed descriptions of real-world weapons in his games, that might not be the case at all.
#8Seifross2010Posted 9/19/2013 3:38:55 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Yeah I noticed MRS-4 and thinking I really hope that isn't supposed to be an M4.

It would be beyond weird if they started using fake weapons names now, MGS4 and Peace Walker had an ungodly number of weapons and equipment available and even Portable Ops used actual weapon names. They're making a lot of changes like that stupid FPS health recovery that shouldn't be in a stealth game and it would be really annoying to think that the only reason they're doing all of this is just because a lot American games like Uncharted do these things.

Hopefully since the game is still in production they just haven't gotten the copyrights approved yet and that's all this is. I suppose kanto is right and this really isn't a huge loss, but it's unquestionably weird if they just start dong this now.

Pretty sure this is unconfirmed - When the press played the game, some features were omitted. They just notice that Snake healed himself and they assumed it was auto-regen, but for all we know he did use a ration.

But I don't see the big loss with fake weapon names, seeing as if it's anything like other Metal Gear games you'll only use a tranq and maybe one rifle if you feel like going lethal. I mean, yeah it'd be nice to have real weapon names, but it really doesn't both me either way. Just my two cents.
#9F0XholePosted 9/19/2013 3:44:02 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
istuffedsunny posted...

That is such a stupid argument. Broken game design is broken, and anything saying, "Well, don't use it!", regardless of the game or system in question, is just ignorant to that fact. That said, I'm not saying that MGSV's system is broken. I have yet to play it.
#10Gr3gSolidusPosted 9/19/2013 3:56:54 PM
F0Xhole posted...
Gr3gSolidus posted...
istuffedsunny posted...

That is such a stupid argument. Broken game design is broken, and anything saying, "Well, don't use it!", regardless of the game or system in question, is just ignorant to that fact. That said, I'm not saying that MGSV's system is broken. I have yet to play it.

This would be true if combat was required or if the prevalence of enemy weapons offset the games sense of progression which isn't the cause. It doesn't matter if enemy guns are numerous and easily available, if you're playing the game properly you shouldn't use them to begin with.