The weapon to surpass metal gear is...

#1LuigiohPosted 10/10/2013 2:23:39 PM
The weapon to surpass metal gear is... - Results (115 votes)
A BIGGER metal gear :^)
35.65% (41 votes)
Cyborg Ninjas
20% (23 votes)
The patriot AI
44.35% (51 votes)
This poll is now closed.
+1 to cyborg ninjas for me. I couldn't see how the AI could be relevant in the 1980's when its true potential won't be realized for another 20 odd years.
---
3ds friend code: 3840-6173-2306 meemee
Message me with your code if you add me and I'll add you back! Playing New Leaf currently.
#2Seifross2010Posted 10/10/2013 2:26:58 PM
Les Enfant Terribles IMO
#3Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:32:05 PM
Seifross2010 posted...
Les Enfant Terribles IMO

LET happened in the 70's.
---
*tips fedora* :^)
#4Seifross2010Posted 10/10/2013 2:33:31 PM
Luigioh posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Les Enfant Terribles IMO

LET happened in the 70's.

Still think it's LET related and nothing to do with what's in the polls, honestly. I'm especially sure it's not Cyborg Ninjas.
#5RomeoMinolaPosted 10/10/2013 2:44:04 PM(edited)
Luigioh posted...
I couldn't see how the AI could be relevant in the 1980's when its true potential won't be realized for another 20 odd years.

1. The cyborg ninjas didn't achieve their full potential for almost 40 years and that was in a game Kojima had next to nothing to do with that game. So nice hypocrisy there mate.

2. How does it matter in the least that the AIs took 20 years to achieve their full potential, they conquered the entire world as early as the 90s, that's sure as hell a lot more than the Cyborg Ninjas did for anyone. Especially considering Gray Fox got his ass ran over by REX alone. Nice surpassing Metal Gear there.

3. I'm not sure if you played Peace Walker or not but if you did you would know those AIs have been in development since the 70s.

4. One of the major themes of MGSV has been confirmed to be Memes. And given that the theme of memetic engineering in MGS has always been based completely around the Patriot AIs and the philosophy of the AIs function so it may as well be confirmed the Patriot AIs are going to be brought up into the story in some form.
#6Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:44:30 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Luigioh posted...
I couldn't see how the AI could be relevant in the 1980's when its true potential won't be realized for another 20 odd years.

1. The cyborg ninjas didn't achieve their full potential for almost 40 years and that was in a game Kojima had next to nothing to do with that game. So nice hypocrisy there mate.

2. How does it matter in the least that the AIs took 20 years to achieve their full potential, they conquered the entire world as early as the 90s, that's sure as hell a lot more than the Cyborg Ninjas did for anyone. Especially considering Gray Fox got his ass ran over by REX alone. Nice surpassing Metal Gear there.

I'd say Gray Fox was pretty damn effective in MGS. Moreso than DNA locked guns and stuff which didn't actually exist at that time, which was truly the biggest benefit of the patriot AI.
---
#7RomeoMinolaPosted 10/10/2013 2:47:18 PM(edited)
Luigioh posted...
I'd say Gray Fox was pretty damn effective in MGS. Moreso than DNA locked guns and stuff which didn't actually exist at that time, which was truly the biggest benefit of the patriot AI.

You mean getting his ass kicked by REX? Yeah that was really effective.

And I'm really starting trying to take you seriously but that point about gun locking being the biggest benefit of the AIs was absolutely hilarious. So I'm guessing being able to control the entire world as early as the 90s and controlling to complete flow of information in the world as the AIs deemed appropriate was just a sidenote?
#8Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:49:08 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Luigioh posted...

You mean getting his ass kicked by REX? Yeah that was really effective.

And I'm really starting trying to take you seriously but that point about gun locking being the biggest benefit of the AIs was absolutely hilarious. So I'm guessing being able to control the entire world as early as the 90s and controlling to complete flow of information in the world as the AIs deemed appropriate was just a sidenote?

That isn't exactly a "weapon" though. The flow of public information can be used to manipulate the masses but doesn't somehow create something that could decimate entire countries or armies.
---
#9RomeoMinolaPosted 10/10/2013 2:56:33 PM(edited)
Luigioh posted...
That isn't exactly a "weapon" though. The flow of public information can be used to manipulate the masses but doesn't somehow create something that could decimate entire countries or armies.

Wow you really are simple. So your issue is that it doesn't go bang bang. Just because it isn't a conventional weapon doesn't mean it isn't a weapon. The AIs are a philosophical weapon and was the greatest weapon Zero ever created given that it was gave him control of the entire world.

And given that those AIs controlled the entire military of the US including the control of all its nuclear weapons, oversaw the cyborg ninja project, nanomachines, the genome soldier project and Metal Gear itself, I'd say it was a weapon far superior to anything Metal Gear could accomplish.
#10DusterxLucasFTWPosted 10/10/2013 3:17:08 PM(edited)
Seifross2010 posted...
Les Enfant Terribles IMO

Especially since young Liquid is in the game.
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn