PythonSelkan's latest Grey Fox theory.

#1kill_distroyPosted 10/24/2013 10:47:29 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVoixDDUmbQ

Nothing really big this time, just a few things to "reinforce" his theories. I remain neutral about the whole thing. I just like seeing other people's theories, no matter how ridicules they are.

Either way, at 16:50 , when did Kojima post this picture? Don't remember seeing it before?

Edit: Never mind, found the picture on Kojima's twitter.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#2high_contrast87Posted 10/24/2013 10:49:24 AM
I can't even imagine Grey Fox appearing in MGS V at all, especially considering the changes MPO made to the characters backstory, what with Kojima distancing himself from that game more and more these days. I'm not getting into a canon debate but the fact Kojima didn't direct it seems to have led to it pretty much being brushed under the carpet. Its been missed off every MGS collection that's been released due to it being a non Kojima game.

It makes sense that to avoid even more confusion he will leave Grey Fox out of the game.
#3kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 10:57:03 AM
high_contrast87 posted...
I can't even imagine Grey Fox appearing in MGS V at all, especially considering the changes MPO made to the characters backstory, what with Kojima distancing himself from that game more and more these days. I'm not getting into a canon debate but the fact Kojima didn't direct it seems to have led to it pretty much being brushed under the carpet. Its been missed off every MGS collection that's been released due to it being a non Kojima game.

It makes sense that to avoid even more confusion he will leave Grey Fox out of the game.

That is highly improbable and makes no sense.

I don't really know about Grey Fox being a body double, but I have no doubt in my mind that Grey Fox will be in this game. Why? Because the timeline fits perfectly, and because Grey Fox fought with Big Boss in Africa in the 80's, and because we still don't know why he became Big Boss' most trusted comrade, effectively taking Miller's place.
---
Words That Kill
#4kaiserunitedPosted 10/24/2013 11:51:28 AM

Kojima was a producer on PO, though. He definitely had input on the project, so it's weird that he's distancing himself from it the way he is.

As far as Kojima shying away from Gray Fox in MGS5 to avoid confusion/ further retcons, when has he ever cared about that?
#5high_contrast87Posted 10/24/2013 12:17:48 PM
kill_distroy posted...

I don't really know about Grey Fox being a body double, but I have no doubt in my mind that Grey Fox will be in this game. Why? Because the timeline fits perfectly, and because Grey Fox fought with Big Boss in Africa in the 80's, and because we still don't know why he became Big Boss' most trusted comrade, effectively taking Miller's place.

Well there should be a doubt in your mind, there's been no suggestion so far in the trailers that Gray Fox will appear and the most recent trailer did introductions to the secondary characters. Its possible he will make an appearance but somehow I doubt it. I mean sure, he is said to have fought in Africa with Big Boss but that doesn't mean he will appear in the game. The stuff about him meeting up with Big Boss in Mozambique with Naomi in tow, taking her back to the US then heading back to Africa with Big Boss could all have taken place post-1984. Kojima doesn't usually depict events like this that have been mentioned in codec calls in past games. In fact, its never happened.

Also, it doesn't really need explaining how he becomes Big Boss's most trusted lieutenant. MG2 establishes they have a history together, as well as Fox being the number one agent during Big Boss's tenure as FOXHOUND commander in the 90s. Then after the Outer Heaven uprising he followed Big Boss and became his second in command during the Zanzibar Land uprising.
#6tonicPosted 10/24/2013 12:31:30 PM
I didn't rike it.
#7riddlebox89Posted 10/24/2013 1:00:39 PM
kill_distroy posted...

Actually the timeline does not fit, it goes from 1974-5 to 1983-4, Big Boss didn't rescue Fox and Naomi until later in the 80's, same with Sniper Wolf, won't be seeing her in MGS5 either unless they go forward in time a lot for no reason other than to cover those particular plot points, which, so far, there is no actual evidence of them doing, the same way there is no actual evidence of Gray Fox even being in the game at all.

That and Python's theories are garbage, nobody in their right mind should even be taking them seriously at all, he's just like tonic, he gets a crazy idea in his head and keeps repeating it to himself so many times he actually believes it, then posts it and looks like a complete fool because none of his theories actually have any evidence to back them up.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 3:08:41 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
kill_distroy posted...

Actually the timeline does not fit, it goes from 1974-5 to 1983-4, Big Boss didn't rescue Fox and Naomi until later in the 80's, same with Sniper Wolf, won't be seeing her in MGS5 either unless they go forward in time a lot for no reason other than to cover those particular plot points, which, so far, there is no actual evidence of them doing, the same way there is no actual evidence of Gray Fox even being in the game at all.

That and Python's theories are garbage, nobody in their right mind should even be taking them seriously at all, he's just like tonic, he gets a crazy idea in his head and keeps repeating it to himself so many times he actually believes it, then posts it and looks like a complete fool because none of his theories actually have any evidence to back them up.

True, there is no evidence Grey Fox will appear in this game. Still, there's the possibility the game will continue beyond 1984. The way they talked about the "Cold War" between Zero and Big Boss suggests that it took place for more than just a few months or a year. Of course, this is mere speculation, so who knows.

Also, there's the fact that Grey Fox is one of the most loved characters in Kojima Productions, and it is no secret that Kojima wanted Grey Fox to be the main character of Rising, before changing the whole thing to fit Raiden and the story better. I'm just saying that it would make no sense for Kojima Productions to miss such a perfect opportunity to show us Grey Fox in the 80's, which we know he fought with Big Boss in Africa during the time. Then again, this is mere speculation, so who knows.
---
Words That Kill
#9riddlebox89Posted 10/24/2013 3:23:57 PM
kill_distroy posted...
True, there is no evidence Grey Fox will appear in this game. Still, there's the possibility the game will continue beyond 1984. The way they talked about the "Cold War" between Zero and Big Boss suggests that it took place for more than just a few months or a year. Of course, this is mere speculation, so who knows.

Of course the war between Big Boss and Zero went on longer than a few years, it's still going on by MGS1, 2 and 4.

Possibility doesn't mean anything, if it's a possibility then they would've shown actual evidence of it, which they haven't, they've shown nothing to suggest Fox is in the game, nor have they shown anything to suggest that it goes beyond 1984.

It's a PythonSelkan theory, his theories, no matter what, are going to be 100% wrong regardless of how many people agree with them and think they make sense, and I can count how many people that are like that on one hand. His theories are nothing to take seriously and you should just delete this topic to avoid giving him anymore attention than he deserves.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 3:31:18 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
kill_distroy posted...

Of course the war between Big Boss and Zero went on longer than a few years, it's still going on by MGS1, 2 and 4.

Possibility doesn't mean anything, if it's a possibility then they would've shown actual evidence of it, which they haven't, they've shown nothing to suggest Fox is in the game, nor have they shown anything to suggest that it goes beyond 1984.

It's a PythonSelkan theory, his theories, no matter what, are going to be 100% wrong regardless of how many people agree with them and think they make sense, and I can count how many people that are like that on one hand. His theories are nothing to take seriously and you should just delete this topic to avoid giving him anymore attention than he deserves.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with Python's theory. I'm just talking Grey Fox himself being in the game. As you've said, there is no evidence to suggest he'll appear in the game. I'm just saying that I, personally, think he'll be in the game. Who knows what'll happen in the end now.
---
Words That Kill