How about David Hayter vouce DLC?

#1FourManSevenPosted 10/25/2013 12:15:00 AM
So I started to think about this.
Instead of asking Kojima to redo all the work they've done with Kiefer Sutherland. Why not just ask for them to make a David Hayter DLC pack?

I started this petition (Not that I think it will get anywhere) in an attempt to make this a reality.
http://bit.ly/1682K28
#2kill_distroyPosted 10/25/2013 12:45:29 AM
And why would they do that?

You really think Kojima Productions are sitting in a corner and crying, regretting not choosing to bring Hayter back in MGSV? If Hayter is indeed not playing Big Boss, then it is for a good reason.

Having a "Voice" DLC would be stupider than one of the worst DLCs of all time, that is horse armor.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#3FourManSeven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:15:58 AM
Please tell me your joking...

You actually liked Kiefer Sutherlands godawful performance? His voice isn't good at all for snake. No matter how you look at it. It isn't a good snake. It doesn't fit his character.
If Kojima were trying to reinvent the series then he should have created a new story. A side story. Not continue the story of Big Boss.

Anytime I hear Sutherland I hear the Call of Duty character that died from World at War. That is it.

Also please, think about the idea of time. Peace Walker's ending, then a year later Ground Zeroes story takes place. Your honestly telling me that Big Boss's voice would change like that? Consistency is important in stories. Actual aging of the character is important, and that includes the voice. I see no way that Big Boss's voice would go from David Hayter to Sutherland in a year. After the coma, fine, keep Sutherland. If you honestly believe that a voice DLC is on par with horse armor, then your not bright. At least people want David Hayter's voice. No one asked for Horse Armor.
#4smithkakarotPosted 10/25/2013 1:17:12 AM
Sounds like babby's first anti-Sutherland topic to me.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#5makdude1994Posted 10/25/2013 1:30:38 AM
FourManSeven posted...

You actually liked Kiefer Sutherlands godawful performance? His voice isn't good at all for snake. No matter how you look at it. It isn't a good snake. It doesn't fit his character.
If Kojima were trying to reinvent the series then he should have created a new story. A side story. Not continue the story of Big Boss.

And what makes his voice "awful?" Just because it isn't Hayter's over the top, unrealistic voice, then it all of a becomes awful? Also if you compare the Kiefer's performance in the GZ trailer, it is quite good when compared to Hollywood standards. Also in regards to "that it doesn't fit the character", Kojima's aim is to give Boss a more subtle voice, and someone that brings something NEW to the character, not just a rehash of MGS3 and PW. This is like how each actor that played Bond added something new to the character. And because this is the story of boss' downfall, a character change is need. Quit your whining, we all know you're going to buy the game, as am I.

PS: Hayter is my favorite VA, his return as Solid Snake is coming.
#6FourManSeven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:42:10 AM
makdude1994 posted...
FourManSeven posted...

And what makes his voice "awful?" Just because it isn't Hayter's over the top, unrealistic voice, then it all of a becomes awful? Also if you compare the Kiefer's performance in the GZ trailer, it is quite good when compared to Hollywood standards. Also in regards to "that it doesn't fit the character", Kojima's aim is to give Boss a more subtle voice, and someone that brings something NEW to the character, not just a rehash of MGS3 and PW. This is like how each actor that played Bond added something new to the character. And because this is the story of boss' downfall, a character change is need. Quit your whining, we all know you're going to buy the game, as am I.

PS: Hayter is my favorite VA, his return as Solid Snake is coming.

Not sure if you release the power of a good voice actor. Even in a universe standpoint it doesn't work. If Hayter needed to, he could tone down his voice. Sutherland's voice isn't over the top, your right. Its generic. He sounds bored. Your telling me, you actually see Snake? You hear snake? I don't. His voice isn't gruff enough for snake. He doesn't sound like a character who just had to kill his mentor or a character with emotional issues. He sounds like a generic solider that survived a war. Even by Hollywood standards he sucks.

And I never said I wouldn't buy the game without Hayter. I didn't even imply it.
#7smithkakarotPosted 10/25/2013 1:43:54 AM
Oh, wait...

User Name FourManSeven
User ID 6734152
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:21 PM
Last Visit Friday, October 25, 2013 1:42 AM
Karma 9
Active Messages Posted 3
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#8AngryGFAQerPosted 10/25/2013 1:52:31 AM
smithkakarot posted...
Oh, wait...

User Name FourManSeven
User ID 6734152
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Karma 9
Active Messages Posted 3

It's most likely CambellFoxhound's alt.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#9FourManSeven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:55:26 AM
AngryGFAQer posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Oh, wait...

User Name FourManSeven
User ID 6734152
Karma 9
Active Messages Posted 3

It's most likely CambellFoxhound's alt.

Who? I am not CambellFoxhound. I don't even know who that is. I barely come on this forum.
#10riddlebox89Posted 10/25/2013 2:47:04 AM
Hell no, for two reasons.

Firstly, Kojima has already made it very clear that he doesn't give a rats ass how many petitions get made or how many people sign them, he's making the game how he wants it made and he's not letting any butt hurt fans make the decisions for him.

And secondly, it's an insult to Kojima, Hayter and Sutherland to even consider this, Hayter backed off which means he's got faith in Sutherland to do a good job, Kojima picked him out personally and Sutherland is a more capable actor than Hayter, not keeping your damn Hayter fangirl mouth the hell shut until you've actually played the game and seen the entire performance before judging it is nothing more than a pathetic insult to everyone involved.

FourManSeven posted...

Also please, think about the idea of time. Peace Walker's ending, then a year later Ground Zeroes story takes place. Your honestly telling me that Big Boss's voice would change like that? Consistency is important in stories. Actual aging of the character is important, and that includes the voice. I see no way that Big Boss's voice would go from David Hayter to Sutherland in a year. After the coma, fine, keep Sutherland. If you honestly believe that a voice DLC is on par with horse armor, then your not bright. At least people want David Hayter's voice. No one asked for Horse Armor.

"His voice isn't good at all for Snake." Why? Because it isn't David Hayter's? Have you even heard Hayter's most recent MGS voice work? It's garbage.

"Think about the idea of time and consistency." Sorry kid but voice actor consistency is a myth, it doesn't exist, there is no such thing as a canon voice for a character, hell Snake could be voiced by Johnny Depp for ten years and it still wouldn't make it his canon voice, his canon voice is whatever Kojima decides it is. There is no such thing as "Well he was voiced by David Hayter for over ten years, that means that his real voice is David Hayters." That's just a stupid argument made up by rabid fangirls who can't stand to hear the voice of someone who's name isn't David Hayter come out of Big Bosses mouth.

If you honestly believe that people actually want Hayter's voice because he's actually good at playing Big Boss, you're not as bright as you like to think. Nobody wants Hayter back because they think he's good, they just want him back because they don't like the fact that the game isn't being made how they want it.

Kojima wants the game done with Sutherland and not Hayter, therefor he will do it that way and there is absolutely nothing you can do or say to make him do anything different because he is finally realizing how big of a screw up he made when he cast Hayter as Big Boss in the first place. Grow the hell up and deal with the fact that Kojima doesn't give a rats ass what you think about his decision.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.