How about David Hayter vouce DLC?

#131DotsAndLinesPosted 11/2/2013 1:26:13 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Pointing out the fact that Hayter is gone and you should deal with it and that you're not getting a Hayters voice DLC just because you want it is not trolling.

Yes, but being insulting and hostile about it is trolling, and the mods have agreed.

riddlebox89 posted...
And neither is pointing out trolls on the PS3 board.

Good, so when I call you out it won't be trolling.

riddlebox89 posted...
It's about your complete lack of being able to deal with something just because you don't agree with it, you don't agree with Kojima's decision to recast Big Boss and you don't agree that there's not going to be a Hayter's voice DLC just because you and a handful of other people want it, and you just aren't capable of dealing with it.

LOL all I've said in this thread is that I'd buy a David Hayter DLC. I never said I can't deal with it and I can't enjoy the game otherwise. You're just looking for excuses to troll and attack like always.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#132riddlebox89Posted 11/2/2013 1:41:59 PM
DotsAndLines posted...
Yes, but being insulting and hostile about it is trolling, and the mods have agreed.

Good, so when I call you out it won't be trolling.

LOL all I've said in this thread is that I'd buy a David Hayter DLC. I never said I can't deal with it and I can't enjoy the game otherwise. You're just looking for excuses to troll and attack like always.

Insulting others is against the TOS, being rude due to being annoyed at you and everyone else like you however is not. And by the way, posts that didn't deserve to be moderated get moderated all the time, hell people are still getting their posts moderated for discussing story details in games that are 15+ years old, one moderated post doesn't mean anything.

Except it will be trolling because calling someone out for trolling when they're not is trolling.

And? Practically everything you've said since has shown that you can't deal with Hayter being gone, which is why you want a Hayter voice DLC so bad and are religiously defending it like it's a great idea when, if it were any other game, you'd be pissing and moaning about how much of a money grab DLC it is. And clearly, if Hayter being gone is such a big deal for you that you'll completely ignore what Kojima wants for HIS game, ignore Hayter himself saying he's fine with the change and completely ignore valid arguments as to how the switch was a good thing, you clearly won't be able to enjoy the game otherwise, else you wouldn't be here wanting a Hayter's voice DLC or judging Sutherlands performance when you've only heard a dozen or so lines which more than likely isn't even 1/10th of the full thing.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#133DotsAndLinesPosted 11/2/2013 2:07:15 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Insulting others is against the TOS

Yep, which is why you got modded.

riddlebox89 posted...
being rude due to being annoyed at you and everyone else like you however is not.

Being rude can be considered trolling, depending on the context. And there's no need to be rude all the time like you always are.

riddlebox89 posted...
And by the way, posts that didn't deserve to be moderated get moderated all the time

Your posts aren't one of them. All of them are straight-up insults and attacks.

The rest of your post is just you whining about people preferring Hayter and not even worth responding to.

Actually I'm not gonna bother responding anymore to trolls. Into the ignore list you go.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#134DotsAndLinesPosted 11/2/2013 4:18:03 PM
Something from David Hayter's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/384426262678085632/photo/1

LOL I love it.
---
#135copenhagenLongCPosted 11/2/2013 6:02:49 PM
David hayter is a more talented VA than sutherland ever will be. I get the feeling that sutherland views doing VA for games as just another paycheck. He's like other hollywood actors in that he wants to star in something big and views VA as second rate. That's why the non-actor VA are always better because they put effort into it. They can have fun with their roles. They arent super serious.
#136SiLVeR_420Posted 11/2/2013 6:53:56 PM
copenhagenLongC posted...
David hayter is a more talented VA than sutherland ever will be. I get the feeling that sutherland views doing VA for games as just another paycheck. He's like other hollywood actors in that he wants to star in something big and views VA as second rate. That's why the non-actor VA are always better because they put effort into it. They can have fun with their roles. They arent super serious.

Because a guy capable of only doing one voice is more talented than an actor with actual range in his talent.

Also "I get the feeling" is another way of saying you have nothing to back up your claims so you're just gonna make something up.

If Hayter was more talented that Keifer why would Kojima replace him?
Answer: He's not.
---
Sister complex kingpin of steel!
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#137riddlebox89Posted 11/2/2013 7:43:07 PM
copenhagenLongC posted...

If more talented meant "Not being able to perform in ways other actual actors can." you'd be right, but seeing as having talent means to be able to perform in ways others can't, you're completely 100% wrong, like all the other times you make a crap argument. Oh and by the way, if Hayter is such a talented actor, why doesn't he have more roles? And why is his main career a screenwriter instead of acting?

Also, something you might not be old enough to have figured out on your own, all actors, whether it's voice acting or live action, are in it for the paycheck, even Hayter, they wouldn't be actors if there wasn't a paycheck in it.

Non-actor voice actors? There's no such thing, voice actors ARE actors, and hell, several film actors who've appeared in video games have done great jobs on them, Grand Theft Auto is pretty much known for having a fantastic celebrity voice cast.

And lol at "Film actors can't have fun with their roles and are always super serious." this, like the rest of your post, is wrong. If any of that were true, then explain how Michael Ironside had fun playing Sam Fisher and then explain how a lot of the dialogue wasn't super serious.

Oh, and lol again at you completely ignoring the fact that Hayter supports Sutherland playing Big Boss, you going to continue ignoring this because it destroys everything you're saying or actually admit that you're not really a Hayter fan because you can't trust his judgement?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#138JSC3Posted 11/2/2013 11:31:33 PM
Kiefer does not have a bad voice at all! his voice is pretty cool actually BUT it is NOT fit for Big Boss at all. Ill wait for MGSV Substance david hayter game of the year edition if i have to :P
---
If David hayter won't voice snake in SSB4... THEN DONT PUT SNAKE IN THE GAME!!!!
#139FourManSeven(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 11:41:00 PM
riddlebox89 posted...

If more talented meant "Not being able to perform in ways other actual actors can." you'd be right, but seeing as having talent means to be able to perform in ways others can't, you're completely 100% wrong, like all the other times you make a crap argument. Oh and by the way, if Hayter is such a talented actor, why doesn't he have more roles? And why is his main career a screenwriter instead of acting?

Also, something you might not be old enough to have figured out on your own, all actors, whether it's voice acting or live action, are in it for the paycheck, even Hayter, they wouldn't be actors if there wasn't a paycheck in it.

Oh, and lol again at you completely ignoring the fact that Hayter supports Sutherland playing Big Boss, you going to continue ignoring this because it destroys everything you're saying or actually admit that you're not really a Hayter fan because you can't trust his judgement?

Not exactly sure why I am even bothering responding at all. Kinda want this whole thread to die, but that probably won't happen anytime soon, so long as people insult others for liking someone else performances over another.
However, I am responding despite my better judgement.

As a voice actor, yes. I will safely say, David Hayter has more talent than Sutherland. Strictly as a voice actor. As an actor, no. Hayters acting skills are awful, just watch MGS4's intro. He just seems unnatural. Why doesn't he have more roles as an actor? Simple. He's not an actor. But what does acting have to do with facial capturing of a video game? Sutherland didn't motion capture the character, just the face. A Japanese actor motion captured Big Boss's movements in the game. All Sutherland did was the face. And if you say, his face is a better fit for snake, then, can you explain how you know what Hayter's face would look like as Snake? Facial emotions aren't hard to do. Anyone do them.

David Hayter may support him in the role of big boss, but that doesn't change how others feel. I could support Bryan Cranston as a voice for ratchet in the ratchet and clank series, but it wouldn't change how anyone feels. I am not ignoring the fact that Hayter supports him. I don't particularly care what Hayter says at all. And no, I am not saying I am not giving Sutherland a chance. I will gladly give Sutherland a chance, in fact I did. And based on what was release, it's lack luster, at least in the Ground Zeroes trailer, The Phantom Pain trailer he actually was decent. But it isn't released yet. I can't judge his overall performance like I did. For that, I apologize.

You are correct that Hayter is there for a paycheck, however, Hayter also gave half his paycheck when he was recording for Twin Snakes so they could pay the other actors to provide the most authentic voice over work toward original fans of Metal Gear Solid. It's fairly obvious that Hayter cares for the character enough to do it for minimal pay during any game.
I'm not sure if you are forgetting that little part.

I don't believe I ever claimed that not having Hayter as the voice would ruin my experience in the game. After all, it's just a video game, it's not like it will kill me if Hayter doesn't voice Big Boss. In the end, I will still be pre-ordering the game, and picking it up on the day it launches. The thought of David Hayter voice over for "Ground Zeroes" as DLC may be a stupid idea. In fact, yes it is a stupid idea. However, it would allow older players, ones who've grown with the character, to more easily adjust to a new voice. Honestly, I'd prefer it if Hayter ONLY voiced the Ground Zeroes portion, which would last all of, what? An hour or two? An hour or two of voice work, would not cost enough to make it out of the question.
#140FourManSeven(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 11:43:37 PM
By the way, just an opinion, Bryan Cranston's voice would be awesome for Big Boss.