What month do you think this is coming out?

#11kill_distroyPosted 10/31/2013 5:14:45 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Old_Solidus posted...
I call May 2014, optimistically.

I agree with this, also agree that it's probably a bit optimistic.

May-June. Maybe July if Kojima wants to be nice and give us something during the summer draught of games.

Well, MGS4 came out during the summer of 2008 if I'm not mistaken, so why not.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#12big_boss1988Posted 10/31/2013 11:55:44 PM
march for GZ at least.
#13SterlingFoxPosted 11/1/2013 12:07:28 AM
TC posted two days ago that he thought the game could come out today.

How does no one here but me seem to realize that he's trolling?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#14FunchlaxPosted 11/1/2013 12:32:07 AM
Now don't jump to conclusions, Sterling. Maybe he's just a moron.
#15kanto_wandererPosted 11/1/2013 1:46:52 AM
kill_distroy posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Old_Solidus posted...

May-June. Maybe July if Kojima wants to be nice and give us something during the summer draught of games.

Yeah, but MGS4 was also delayed about eight months, so that's not really the best to go by. I think realistically that would be too early to release the game if Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are not released as individual titles. If GZ is separate, more than likely it'll be out in the first half of next year and Phantom Pain could be out anywhere between November to February of 2015 depending on how far along it is.
#16Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 11/1/2013 7:20:33 AM
Funchlax posted...
Now don't jump to conclusions, Sterling. Maybe he's just a moron.

Yeah it's so hard to tell on this board, though.
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#17kill_distroyPosted 11/1/2013 7:37:17 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
kill_distroy posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Old_Solidus posted...

Yeah, but MGS4 was also delayed about eight months, so that's not really the best to go by. I think realistically that would be too early to release the game if Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are not released as individual titles. If GZ is separate, more than likely it'll be out in the first half of next year and Phantom Pain could be out anywhere between November to February of 2015 depending on how far along it is.

Which is fine and all, but I doubt a game coming out on this gen of consoles would come out 2015. Even Q4 2014 is pushing it. If Konami really are still working on the game and will continue to do so until around Q4 2014, then it makes little sense to release it on current gen, when they could focus completely on taking advantage of the next gen.
---
Words That Kill
#18kanto_wandererPosted 11/1/2013 8:23:18 AM
You're suggesting that it would make more sense for them to scrap years of work so they could re-engineer the game from the ground up just to take better advantage of newer hardware? Never mind that the game will be available on next-generation consoles, and that it arguably looks better than most of the games that have been specifically designed around only that hardware. But what does it really matter that it's being developed for current-gen, and why is it necessary to put an expiration date on the incredible work they've accomplished due to the fact that they're developing primarily around aging hardware limitations. I'm willing to bet that even five years from now, MGSV will still be one of the best looking games of this decade.
#19kill_distroyPosted 11/1/2013 8:49:41 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
You're suggesting that it would make more sense for them to scrap years of work so they could re-engineer the game from the ground up just to take better advantage of newer hardware? Never mind that the game will be available on next-generation consoles, and that it arguably looks better than most of the games that have been specifically designed around only that hardware. But what does it really matter that it's being developed for current-gen, and why is it necessary to put an expiration date on the incredible work they've accomplished due to the fact that they're developing primarily around aging hardware limitations. I'm willing to bet that even five years from now, MGSV will still be one of the best looking games of this decade.

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that being developers, they probably had an estimation of when they want to put this game out. They probably knew the approximate release of the next gen hardware, and planned to finish the development and release the game sometime when both this gen and next gen are fair game. In this case, Q2-Q3 2014 sounds like the best bet.

I'm just saying that it was within their estimation to not put out this game 2 years after the release of next gen. Although things don't always go to plan, so who knows.
---
Words That Kill
#20LuigiohPosted 11/1/2013 10:49:10 AM
Anything before holiday 2014 will be a treat as far as I'm concerned. I've lost all hope in this coming out any time soon.
---
*tips fedora* :^)