Possibility of MGSV Told as a Flashback?

#1SirJordsyPosted 10/30/2013 8:43:52 PM
So yesterday Donna Burke, who is the vocalist on "Sins of the Father" posted this interesting tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/db_singer_actor/status/395380042403815424

Here is also some "clues" she left for us.

https://mobile.twitter.com/db_singer_actor/status/395390073698406400

https://mobile.twitter.com/db_singer_actor/media/grid?idx=3&tid=395390640093024256

We already know from the Ground Zeros demo that she is the voice for "marker placed."

So I think it might be possible that she's doing the narration for MGSV, since she posted the picture of Konami studios, and Sunrise Studio, which has worked with Kojima on past MGS' and Zone of the Enders.

If she is recording narration for MGSV, then that leaves a lot of interesting possibilities open. What do you guys think? Think it's possible? If so, what do you think they could be doing with the story, if it is in hindsight. :)
#2kill_distroyPosted 10/30/2013 8:48:27 PM
Well this is.....interesting.......

As you've said, Kojima confirmed she's the voice of the idroid, and we already know she's doing the main song of the game.

It wouldn't be weird if she has an even more significant role in the game, considering her heavy involvement with the game for now.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#3kill_distroyPosted 10/30/2013 8:51:01 PM
She also said this: konami + sunrise studio + donna= zero!
---
Words That Kill
#4SirJordsy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:11:18 PM
Woah! I totally forgot that, that's crazy! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! haha :P
#5riddlebox89Posted 10/30/2013 11:18:03 PM
None of the other games were done as flashbacks, no reason to start now.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6SirJordsy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 11:40:28 PM
Well Kojima is "reinventing the series." So actually the best time to start would be now.
#7kaiserunitedPosted 10/31/2013 8:56:23 AM
riddlebox89 posted...

Prior to MGS2:

"None of the other games switched the playable character to the polar opposite of Snake, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games split the story into two main sections, years apart, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games had expanded first person shooting, no reason to start now."

Prior to MGS3:

"None of the other games were a prequel, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games gave Big Boss is own game, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games had you sneak through non-indoor environments, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games incorporated an expanded healing/survival/eating element into the game, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games allowed selectable camo that affects gameplay, no reason to start now."

And I could go on...

The "No other game has done it yet, so why do it now" stance is rather silly, and vague.
#8kill_distroyPosted 10/31/2013 9:58:13 AM
kaiserunited posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Prior to MGS2:

"None of the other games switched the playable character to the polar opposite of Snake, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games split the story into two main sections, years apart, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games had expanded first person shooting, no reason to start now."

Prior to MGS3:

"None of the other games were a prequel, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games gave Big Boss is own game, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games had you sneak through non-indoor environments, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games incorporated an expanded healing/survival/eating element into the game, no reason to start now."

"None of the other games allowed selectable camo that affects gameplay, no reason to start now."

And I could go on...

The "No other game has done it yet, so why do it now" stance is rather silly, and vague.

not to mention:

Prior to MGSV

"None of the other games were open world, why start now."

"None of the other games used Roman numerals, why start now."
---
Words That Kill
#9DarkGam3rPosted 10/31/2013 9:59:41 AM
Kojima will do anything but make an exact copy of a previous game for a sequel.
---
As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style
#10great_darmaniPosted 11/1/2013 4:16:06 PM
riddlebox89 posted...

This is the worst comment of the year.
---
"I need to do something about these games... At least I look good." - Joel