Interesting facts about The Boss from Metal Gear wiki

#1JohnC102689Posted 12/29/2013 4:43:39 PM(edited)
-According to Hideo Kojima, The Boss ) was created specifically to be a motherly character in order to emphasize the maternity theme that he was going for. This is further reflected in her original design. In it, one of her breast was exposed. The design also featured a snake tattoo around her chest. This was so that when she fired a gun, it would appear that the snake was laughing. It was based on a legend that says that if someone sees a laughing snake, it means that their life is about to be over. This design would eventually be scrapped.[19]

-During the filming of The Boss's fighting Naked Snake at Dremuchij North during Operation Snake Eater (specifically, the part where she says to Snake "Go Back!"), Eriko Hirata, The Boss's motion capture actress, started breaking into tears, as she had read the script and thus already knew about The Boss's ultimate fate.

-According to a commentary by Kojima, the boss battle with The Boss originally had her wearing shooting goggles to hide her tears, as well as using a machine pistol alongside the Patriot. In addition, she was also originally to have worn a blue sneaking suit, similar to that of Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid, so as to make her more visible. However, both of these concepts were cut

just bored so i thought i just pot some stuff i find
---
If you don't like gay people, blame straight people; they're the ones that keep having gay babies.
TAINTED MEAT!!!!
#2Lionheart2211Posted 12/29/2013 5:23:52 PM
I never liked the boss.
---
A troll doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
GT: LionHeart V1
#3Jeff ZeroPosted 12/29/2013 5:26:30 PM
I did.
---
"Commodore? You might be daddy's little girl but I'm daddy's little angel." -PrestonStarry
http://tinyurl.com/lj5h8nj
#4RickMoranisPosted 12/29/2013 11:25:07 PM
breast was exposed
---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!
#5SterlingFoxPosted 12/30/2013 12:33:18 AM
Her voice actor was horrible. All her lines came out very dull and monotone. But then its probably also got something to do with the fact that all of the character's lines were also dull and boring.

She wasn't a very good character. People don't really like her so much as they like the twist that involved her. They just mistakenly transfer their admiration of said plottwist onto the character it revolved around.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#6ShinobiHuntPosted 12/30/2013 11:04:33 AM
Lionheart2211 posted...
I never liked the boss.

This for me. And as far as themes of "motherhood" goes, Metroid: Other M did it much better. It wasn't fitting to the character of Samus, but it stuck with its theme to a T.
#7eric_otnessPosted 12/30/2013 11:53:21 AM(edited)
ShinobiHunt posted...
Lionheart2211 posted...
I never liked the boss.

This for me. And as far as themes of "motherhood" goes, Metroid: Other M did it much better. It wasn't fitting to the character of Samus, but it stuck with its theme to a T.

Yes, though I still wish they didn't depict Adam and Samus as if they were in an abusive relationship. Yes, Adam's her superior, but there's a big difference between simply relaying orders and pretty much obliviously sending her recklessly into danger and not giving her some protective materials until just when she's nearly dead. I also wish that the manner in which Samus and Ridley encountered each other was handled better. PTSD's one thing, but even the manga, which was the first source to hint at her suffering from PTSD relating to Ridley, had her getting over it and even mocking Ridley the next time they encountered each other. This was just poorly written.

Misty from Pokémon seemed to handle "motherhood" pretty well, as well, as it didn't stop her from actually aiding her friends or doing her goals.

And that motherhood thing in particular was from BAFTA.
#8Jeff ZeroPosted 12/30/2013 12:12:57 PM
Other M did nothing better than any other video game, ever.
---
"mmmm think of how beard our beards will be by next season" -Whiskey_Nick
http://tinyurl.com/lj5h8nj
#9CM_MojicaPosted 12/30/2013 1:10:32 PM
LMAO at other m doing anything good.
---
Hunter1534
#10Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 12/30/2013 2:31:09 PM
Lionheart2211 posted...
I never liked the boss.

Wow it only took 1 post. I was expecting The Boss haters after the 3rd or 4th at the earliest.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.