What DON'T you want in this game?

#1darthcidPosted 1/5/2014 4:31:35 AM
Is there anything you've seen in trailers, read/heard about that has been confirmed or simply rumoured or anything you personally think they might put in that you don't want in the final product, no matter how small, pointless and irrational it may be?

That jump animation, it just looks stupid and I really hope they change it, it makes every jump look like Snake is plunging off a cliff.

Tablet intergration, I just don't see the point.

Playing as a different character for no reason than just because, I get a feeling there will be a mission based on what Ishmael or Kaz are getting up to while BB is in a coma, outside of a side op it won't really do anything that a cutscene couldn't.

Inb4 Keifer Sutherlame and PW crappy vehicle missions.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#2SterlingFoxPosted 1/5/2014 4:37:57 AM
A segmented story where it returns you to a mission select screen like in Peace Walker. I want one, continuous world.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#3kill_distroyPosted 1/5/2014 5:19:36 AM
SterlingFox posted...
A segmented story where it returns you to a mission select screen like in Peace Walker. I want one, continuous world.

Pretty much the only thing that comes to mind now. Sure, there are probably other little things, but this is the one main thing I really hope doesn't make it to The Phantom Pain.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#4Old_SolidusPosted 1/5/2014 5:24:17 AM
As mentioned, episodiac story (only works with The Walking Dead), possible lack of FPS, lots of social gimmicks that leave me indifferent ( I don't even have a Facebook account by choice) and the first few days the voice actors (Skull Face and Big Boss), although the latter is trivial so long as the delivery will be up to par, so I wait. Oh, and fake guns. HUGE nono.

Other than the FPS, I trust Kojima so I won't doubt the purchase. Still, lack of FPS will knock the game way off the 10 range for me. Plus Metal Gear was always a gunfest to me, even though most of the time I would not use them due to sneaking. Fake guns is a letdown.
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons
#5kill_distroyPosted 1/5/2014 5:27:34 AM
Old_Solidus posted...
As mentioned, episodiac story (only works with The Walking Dead), possible lack of FPS, lots of social gimmicks that leave me indifferent ( I don't even have a Facebook account by choice) and the first few days the voice actors (Skull Face and Big Boss), although the latter is trivial so long as the delivery will be up to par, so I wait. Oh, and fake guns. HUGE nono.

Other than the FPS, I trust Kojima so I won't doubt the purchase. Still, lack of FPS will knock the game way off the 10 range for me. Plus Metal Gear was always a gunfest to me, even though most of the time I would not use them due to sneaking. Fake guns is a letdown.

First Person mode has already been confirmed.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#6DJ_0000Posted 1/5/2014 6:05:51 AM
Mission based structure, base building and Fulton recovery system. All things I didn't like in Peacewalker that are coming back.
#7darthcid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 6:31:59 AM
SterlingFox posted...

I agree with that, it made sense in PW because it's a handheld game but there is no reason why they should do it on a home console, they should just have a replay mission feature.

Old_Solidus posted...
Fake guns is a letdown.

I hope you mean fake guns based on real guns and not things like the patriot, rail gun, solar gun, etc.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#8stawg007Posted 1/5/2014 6:32:15 AM
SterlingFox posted...

This
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#9Dicer7Posted 1/5/2014 6:39:45 AM
Kojima's humor.
#10Althalus2013Posted 1/5/2014 6:43:27 AM
Dicer7 posted...
Kojima's humor.

The humour is an intrinsic part of the series, if you don't like that why are you playing it?