Does this mean MGSV has a rape scene?

#31PrettyTonyTigerPosted 1/12/2014 7:01:51 PM
My goodness this thread is way too unsafe!
---
She turns around like a tornado!!
#32PrettyTonyTigerPosted 1/12/2014 7:05:26 PM
But idk about you guys but the short glimpse of Quiet being tortured by Ocelot always told me something, maybe he would be groping her ?
---
She turns around like a tornado!!
#33Good_FatmanPosted 1/15/2014 12:56:57 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, considering there's already a practically naked woman walking around in it...
---
I am a good version of Fatman! I fight AGAINST the Patriots! Laugh and grow fat!
#34kanto_wandererPosted 1/15/2014 4:29:42 AM
Maybe that's why Quiet has no tongue. Perhaps she was raped and mutilated as a girl, and now she goes about enacting her revenge dressing provocatively knowing men will prey on her, so she can do the same to them.
#35Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 1/15/2014 7:28:37 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
Maybe that's why Quiet has no tongue. Perhaps she was raped and mutilated as a girl, and now she goes about enacting her revenge dressing provocatively knowing men will prey on her, so she can do the same to them.

I really hope this is not the case. She doesn't need some stereotypical half-arsed reason for dressing the way she does.

An idea of mine is that it could be Amanda, chico's sister. We don't really know of her whereabouts (unless I'm mistaken). She's the only other female besides Paz that Chico was close to. When Skullface says: "Don't worry. She didn't suffer long." - it could be in reference to Paz or Amanda. And possibly in reference to the things that were done to them. Besides forceful interrogation, it's possible they were molested or sexually assaulted as well.

...a nameless female POW isn't entirely out of the question either.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
#36kanto_wandererPosted 1/15/2014 8:03:47 AM
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...

I really hope this is not the case. She doesn't need some stereotypical half-arsed reason for dressing the way she does.

An idea of mine is that it could be Amanda, chico's sister. We don't really know of her whereabouts (unless I'm mistaken). She's the only other female besides Paz that Chico was close to. When Skullface says: "Don't worry. She didn't suffer long." - it could be in reference to Paz or Amanda. And possibly in reference to the things that were done to them. Besides forceful interrogation, it's possible they were molested or sexually assaulted as well.

I wouldn't call it stereotypical, but maybe it's too pat for your liking. In any event, I can't think of too many purposes for why a woman might want to dress like that in an extremely oppressive, third-world environment. Plus, revenge is the name of the game as Kojima has frequently pointed out, and as such, all the major characters in this game seem to have their own individual scores to settle with regard to the wrongs that have been committed against them in their past.
#37darthcidPosted 1/15/2014 8:47:38 AM
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...

Amanda would have went back to lead her compas, Chico stayed with BB because his life belongs to him.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#38high_contrast87Posted 1/15/2014 2:13:23 PM
darthcid posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...

Amanda would have went back to lead her compas, Chico stayed with BB because his life belongs to him.

Big Boss asking a child to give his life to him was one of the more creepy moments of the series...
#39Althalus2013Posted 1/15/2014 2:19:25 PM
high_contrast87 posted...
darthcid posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...

Big Boss asking a child to give his life to him was one of the more creepy moments of the series...

I think it was kinda meant to be. Let's not forget that, while a sympathetic one due to the prequels, Big Boss IS a villain in the end.
#40Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 1/15/2014 3:15:00 PM
Chico's life belongs to Big Boss? Ha. That sounds like Big Boss was keeping Chico against his will like a slave. That is not what Peace Walker depicted of his character at all.

I can understand Amanda leaving Chico behind to lead her compas though.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.