Fan made MGS2 mod, play Big Shell as Solid Snake!

#21sith_acolyte15Posted 1/15/2014 2:31:39 PM
Personally I think it would feel kinda empty without the voices. It's why I never played any of the Snake Tales missions more than once.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#22robertadeathPosted 1/15/2014 3:42:52 PM
Is this a real mod of the pc version? Or is it made with The Document of MGS2? From the looks of things, theyre splicing in dialogue that's already in the games.
#23super hotshot bowserPosted 1/17/2014 6:25:18 PM
Might be interesting.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
#24DarkGam3rPosted 1/17/2014 7:23:58 PM
I wouldn't mind at all if it's just like a Snake's Tales.
---
As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style.
#25Meowing_OcelotPosted 1/17/2014 11:59:02 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
With this 'mod' you're going to be playing a text adventure. I'll pass.

Says who? Did the thought that they could have people who can do good imitations of the actual voice actors never cross your mind?

And even if the dialogue is presented as all text, what's it matter? You must be spoiled by voice acted dialogue because before that, that's literally the only way you could get the plot of a game, by reading it.

Text works in old school RPGs because RPGs about lore and detail, not emotional delivery. The two are very different.
#26sith_acolyte15Posted 1/18/2014 12:05:52 AM
Meowing_Ocelot posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...

Says who? Did the thought that they could have people who can do good imitations of the actual voice actors never cross your mind?

And even if the dialogue is presented as all text, what's it matter? You must be spoiled by voice acted dialogue because before that, that's literally the only way you could get the plot of a game, by reading it.

Text works in old school RPGs because RPGs about lore and detail, not emotional delivery. The two are very different.

...tell that to FF VI and Chrono Trigger.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#27FartzMckenziePosted 1/18/2014 12:50:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28FartzMckenziePosted 1/18/2014 12:51:28 AM
I'm pretty sure this is just a fan edited movie. A bunch of scenes and dialog spliced together.

Episode One Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSStr8bgAy8

I don't think its playable.
#29SterlingFoxPosted 1/18/2014 4:35:22 AM
Meowing_Ocelot posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...

So books can't be emotional, huh? Wow. Just... wow.

If you aren't beginning to understand just how daft your comment was, then you should probably leave. Because that was just terrible.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#30xenosaga123Posted 1/18/2014 8:02:59 PM
If they can do that, they should make Rose playable too.