All of mgsv coverage in Gameinformer

#11riddlebox89Posted 2/4/2014 6:11:09 PM
kill_distroy posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
^ Explain how that is a major spoiler? (Maybe referring to Les Enfants Terribles) That would be kind of a huge retcon but nothing we're not used to.

Also skimming through that article I noticed he started watching Breaking Bad. LOL I recently started that show too and agree with some of what he said about it.

It's interesting because there is one coma that no one can refute, which is the one after the end of MG2. The one concerning the Les Enfants is supposedly not a coma since that was just a translation error, and the one in-between GZ and TPP is something we just recently learned about. To say that Big Boss has only encountered one coma in his life is to say that one of these 2 comas is not what we quite expect.

He probably just meant that as "Has only been in one coma so far." or he doesn't consider the nanomachine induced coma as a legitimate coma.

By the way, are the images in the right order? I posted the link on MGSForums and some of the guys there were wondering about that.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 6:14:39 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
kill_distroy posted...
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
^ Explain how that is a major spoiler? (Maybe referring to Les Enfants Terribles) That would be kind of a huge retcon but nothing we're not used to.

Also skimming through that article I noticed he started watching Breaking Bad. LOL I recently started that show too and agree with some of what he said about it.

It's interesting because there is one coma that no one can refute, which is the one after the end of MG2. The one concerning the Les Enfants is supposedly not a coma since that was just a translation error, and the one in-between GZ and TPP is something we just recently learned about. To say that Big Boss has only encountered one coma in his life is to say that one of these 2 comas is not what we quite expect.

He probably just meant that as "Has only been in one coma so far." or he doesn't consider the nanomachine induced coma as a legitimate coma.

By the way, are the images in the right order? I posted the link on MGSForums and some of the guys there were wondering about that.

Yeah, I just thought about that as well.

Anyways, as I've said in the mgsforums, all the images should be posted, though I am not sure about the order. I'll check it out when I get back home.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#13high_contrast87Posted 2/12/2014 2:23:52 AM
The coma thing really needed clearing up, since very few people seem to realise that he wasn't in a coma when LET occurred and that it was a translation error.

Some seem to think this new coma in 1975-1984 is when LET happens, but this is definitely wrong considering Zero and Kaz discuss the "sons" in Peace Walker's secret tape and mention they are already two years old. However I am pretty much certain that there has been a retcon in that Big Boss doesn't know about LET yet and will make the discovery in TPP (along with meeting young Eli\Liquid)

And Kojima definitely wasn't including Big Boss's nano-induced coma from 1999-2014
#14sweet_evaPosted 2/12/2014 2:54:30 AM
high_contrast87 posted...
The coma thing really needed clearing up, since very few people seem to realise that he wasn't in a coma when LET occurred and that it was a translation error.

Some seem to think this new coma in 1975-1984 is when LET happens, but this is definitely wrong considering Zero and Kaz discuss the "sons" in Peace Walker's secret tape and mention they are already two years old. However I am pretty much certain that there has been a retcon in that Big Boss doesn't know about LET yet and will make the discovery in TPP (along with meeting young Eli\Liquid)

And Kojima definitely wasn't including Big Boss's nano-induced coma from 1999-2014

I don't think that he doesn't know. He is a patriot after all. Ocelot and Eva could have told him. And I think he isn't in perfect terms terms with Eva because of it. Sorry, but I don't agree with this being retconned. It would be stupid because it's the main reason that made him despise Zero.