It Was All Part Of The Plan! (SERIES SPOILERS)

#1GoldsicklePosted 2/12/2014 7:34:45 AM
I hope the story isn't written in a way where Snake's mission is all part of one big plan and that Snake was unwittingly following some mastermind's script.

It kinda ruins replay when you realize that you're just some puppet dancing to someone's tune.

My most hated plot twist is the revelation that disabling Fatman's bombs is all a part of his plan that will trigger an even bigger bomb, so I'm just putting effort to get Stillman killed.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/12/2014 9:03:44 AM
I hate it too but Kojima likes it for some reason and sadly, that is what will most likely happen.
---
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is one of the worst games I've ever played.
#3high_contrast87Posted 2/12/2014 9:34:58 AM
They did it in Peace Walker to a much huger extent than with Fatman. Zero masterminded the entire Peace Walker incident including Big Boss's mission, his expansion of MSF and his development of ZEKE. They've turned Zero into the most obscene chessmaster and criminal genius of all time, he needs to show his face in MGS V or his status as the overarching villain of the MGS saga is going to be laughable.
#4wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/12/2014 10:26:19 AM
it does need to stop.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#5Catalix_proPosted 2/12/2014 11:20:05 AM(edited)
Has the main playable character ever been the one with a master plan, or at least been "in on it"? Because that would be an interesting late-game twist.

I think something like that would have worked really well for MPO or PW.
---
Hi-fiving a million angels!
#6UnCool_HeadPosted 2/12/2014 11:25:39 AM
I don't think so.

I think this time it will be personal and Snake will be responsible for everything we'll see in the game.
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#7killerdestroyerPosted 2/12/2014 11:57:40 AM
Isn't this a plot twist in every game in the series?

In 1 Liquid had it all planned out for you to activate Metal Gear Rex for him to use, and you do just that.

In 2, the whole S3 program, you're even told at the final fight this is what was planned for you to do and you have no choice but to do it.

In 3, the whole thing was planned out by the US Government to obtain the Philosopher's Legacy, and again you were just a pawn in the game.

In 4, You destroyed the entire Patriot's AI system, which is exactly what Ocelot wanted.

I don't get why we're complaining about this just now when this has happened in every game in the series. Hell the entire series has always been about a shadowy power behind the scenes pulling the strings.

That said, it is old and i'd like to be the one pulling the strings this time around.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/theRMshow
Clannad- A show that will make you cry no matter who you are.
#8sweet_evaPosted 2/12/2014 12:41:09 PM
Well, this time I don't think Zero planned for Big Boss to come after him as a grim reaper.
#9riddlebox89Posted 2/12/2014 12:53:46 PM
killerdestroyer posted...
I don't get why we're complaining about this just now when this has happened in every game in the series. Hell the entire series has always been about a shadowy power behind the scenes pulling the strings.

That said, it is old and i'd like to be the one pulling the strings this time around.

Seems to be the hot thing to do these days, complain about something that was already present in the franchise, like regenerating health or the technology that's way too advanced for the time period the game is set in.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10xenosaga123Posted 2/12/2014 1:07:34 PM
Considering

SPOILERS

Big Boss ends up killing Zero in MGS4 and the old system and evils are destroyed.

SPOILERS

justice and retribution do get their reward.