What if the horn isn't really there? *Ground Zeroes ending SPOILERS*

#1RickMoranisPosted 2/18/2014 3:51:35 AM(edited)
As you all know someone has posted a "leaked" ending on the PS4 GZ board. It's dubious at best, but it does explain a few things........except for one thing.....

THE HORN!

How he lost his arm, what happens to the PW crew and why the whole world wants him dead are explained in this supposed ending. But in the five pages in that topic the horn was not brought up at all!

Why you ask?

Because it's not really there, it's symbolic of the fact that Big Boss is already a demon. The horn is only there for the player, it may even grow or shrink depending on our gameplay choices.

Maybe.

I know that the leaked ending is bullcrap. I just wanted to point out the fact that among other things the TC who leaked didn't bother to explain the horn. Also I really think the horn might be imaginary or symbolic.
---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!
#240DribylfPosted 2/18/2014 3:44:37 AM
lol
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#3kill_distroyPosted 2/18/2014 6:09:46 AM
Well it has been discussed to death already. The horn doesn't appear to be there when Big Boss falls into a coma, which might be for a variety of reasons. However, the horn is there, no doubt about that. The X-Ray images of Snake in TPP shows the debris embedded in his skull.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#4RickMoranis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 6:22:29 AM
kill_distroy posted...
Well it has been discussed to death already. The horn doesn't appear to be there when Big Boss falls into a coma, which might be for a variety of reasons. However, the horn is there, no doubt about that. The X-Ray images of Snake in TPP shows the debris embedded in his skull.

Maybe it's only there when WE look at the X-Ray. We don't know if the doctor sees it at all.
---
#5kill_distroyPosted 2/18/2014 6:30:50 AM
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...

Maybe it's only there when WE look at the X-Ray. We don't know if the doctor sees it at all.

I know what you mean, however, I don't think it's a really great idea if it was actually the case. Besides, when Snake wakes up in the hospital 9 years later, we can clearly see the debris bulging out of the bandages, with blood all over the horn area (I think, can't check now). So I'm not sure there's a real need to go that far for something that is only symbolic, unless Kojima is going for a plot-twist. But what plot-twist would "The horn is only symbolic?!" be?
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#6RickMoranis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 6:56:57 AM
kill_distroy posted...
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...

I know what you mean, however, I don't think it's a really great idea if it was actually the case. Besides, when Snake wakes up in the hospital 9 years later, we can clearly see the debris bulging out of the bandages, with blood all over the horn area (I think, can't check now). So I'm not sure there's a real need to go that far for something that is only symbolic, unless Kojima is going for a plot-twist. But what plot-twist would "The horn is only symbolic?!" be?

Yeah, you totally got me with that part about the bandages. Oh well.

But I still wonder how in the hell he gets a horn...a FREAKING HORN on his forehead AND a robo arm! And yet his defining characteristic throughout the rest of the series chronologically ends up being his eye-patch. Why didn't Ocelot or Liquid try to get a horn? Why didn't Solidus get a horn form the harrier battle? Ocelot said that Solidus was the spitting image of Big Boss after all right? How could that be so without the horn?

This led me to believe that the horn might not even exist. But if it does I'm thinking it has to be removed at some point during or after TPP but before MG1.

But then again:

Kojima: There might be some retcons
---
#7sweet_evaPosted 2/18/2014 7:24:28 AM
Do you remember when we saw the snake shaped scar in PW trailer? That's not the case here.
#8high_contrast87Posted 2/18/2014 7:27:46 AM
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...

But I still wonder how in the hell he gets a horn...a FREAKING HORN on his forehead AND a robo arm! And yet his defining characteristic throughout the rest of the series chronologically ends up being his eye-patch. Why didn't Ocelot or Liquid try to get a horn? Why didn't Solidus get a horn form the harrier battle? Ocelot said that Solidus was the spitting image of Big Boss after all right? How could that be so without the horn?

This led me to believe that the horn might not even exist. But if it does I'm thinking it has to be removed at some point during or after TPP but before MG1.

But then again:

We don't know what will happen by the end of Phantom Pain. Maybe the horn will be removed by the end of the game, maybe Big Boss will be ask Dr Madnar to pull a Raiden and replace his bright red arm with a more human looking cybernetic. Also, I've noticed that the horn is a lot more subtle in the latest trailer when compared to the one of Snake on a motorbike....it looks pretty awesome actually.

The horn and the arm are really only there to push the 'demon' vibe that TPP is going for, and as Kojima said he will make retcons if it suits the story he's trying to tell at the time. Its not a big deal. Personally I think TPP Big Boss is the best character design for the character that Shinkawa's ever came up with. There's no way in hell you could mistake that guy for Solid Snake. He has his own identity now.
#9makdude1994Posted 2/18/2014 10:05:33 AM
high_contrast87 posted...
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...
RickMoranis posted...
kill_distroy posted...

But then again:

We don't know what will happen by the end of Phantom Pain. Maybe the horn will be removed by the end of the game, maybe Big Boss will be ask Dr Madnar to pull a Raiden and replace his bright red arm with a more human looking cybernetic. Also, I've noticed that the horn is a lot more subtle in the latest trailer when compared to the one of Snake on a motorbike....it looks pretty awesome actually.

The horn and the arm are really only there to push the 'demon' vibe that TPP is going for, and as Kojima said he will make retcons if it suits the story he's trying to tell at the time. Its not a big deal. Personally I think TPP Big Boss is the best character design for the character that Shinkawa's ever came up with. There's no way in hell you could mistake that guy for Solid Snake. He has his own identity now.

I agree with this completely, there is lterally no excuse to get them confused, new voice, new look, new everything. As for the horn, I think that the horn will be there until the end of MG2, and once he rejuvenated by the patriots, the horn will be taken out.
#10MarquessLausPosted 2/18/2014 11:48:13 AM
I think the horn'll be taken out when he return to the US and FOXHOUND and once again, has the best medical teams in the world at his disposal.
---
When you've got a pretty-boy monkey on your back constantly calling you a puppet, you hardly want to seem like you're happy to be used. - DSakaCharanJ