Kojima's interview....what did it reveal???

#21tonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 12:19:09 PM
high_contrast87 posted...
Kojima mentions Skullface when asked a question about The Patriots because its undeniable that Skullface is carrying out the orders of Cipher and has a link to them - to Zero specifically. And Zero basically IS The Patriots all by himself, the name Cipher pretty much refers to him. So Kojima says their relationship will be portrayed in the game.

How TC is trying to show this implies Skullface is Ocelot I honestly have no idea. Makes no sense whatsoever.
The thing is, the question wasn't just a general one about the Patriots. It was a specific question about how they were formed and how that will be depicted. The only part of that formation that Kojima is willing to mention now is the Skullface - Zero relationship.

Why?

I assume because the Skullface - Zero relationship will be on show in Ground Zeroes to some extent. Whether Zero makes an appearance or not. It's not likely that Sigint, Eva or Paramedic will be in Ground Zeroes physically or storywise so why reveal them as characters yet. At least I haven't heard or seen anything about them being in Ground Zeroes.

Kojima statement doesn't prove that Skullface is Ocelot by any means but the revelation that Skullface was there from the start of the Patriots increases the possibilility that Skullface may have been a Patriot and thus that he is Ocelot. Just as in increases the chances that Skullface could be Zero for that matter.
#22riddlebox89Posted 2/25/2014 12:23:50 PM
tonic posted...
Kojima statement doesn't prove that Skullface is Ocelot by any means but the revelation that Skullface was there from the start of the Patriots increases the possibilility that Skullface may have been a Patriot and thus that he is Ocelot.

F***in knew it.

Skullface is NOT Ocelot, Skullface is NOT Zero, quit trying to make something that means nothing more than what they were talking about into something that means something that's completely goddamned ridiculous.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#23high_contrast87Posted 2/25/2014 1:12:04 PM
tonic posted...
high_contrast87 posted...
Kojima mentions Skullface when asked a question about The Patriots because its undeniable that Skullface is carrying out the orders of Cipher and has a link to them - to Zero specifically. And Zero basically IS The Patriots all by himself, the name Cipher pretty much refers to him. So Kojima says their relationship will be portrayed in the game.

How TC is trying to show this implies Skullface is Ocelot I honestly have no idea. Makes no sense whatsoever.
The thing is, the question wasn't just a general one about the Patriots. It was a specific question about how they were formed and how that will be depicted. The only part of that formation that Kojima is willing to mention now is the Skullface - Zero relationship.

Why?

I assume because the Skullface - Zero relationship will be on show in Ground Zeroes to some extent. Whether Zero makes an appearance or not. It's not likely that Sigint, Eva or Paramedic will be in Ground Zeroes physically or storywise so why reveal them as characters yet. At least I haven't heard or seen anything about them being in Ground Zeroes.

Kojima statement doesn't prove that Skullface is Ocelot by any means but the revelation that Skullface was there from the start of the Patriots increases the possibilility that Skullface may have been a Patriot and thus that he is Ocelot. Just as in increases the chances that Skullface could be Zero for that matter.

Putting aside the vast difference between their physical appearances, do you realise how much Skull Face being Ocelot would screw up the plot? Skull Face destroys MSF, leaves Big Boss in a coma for 9 years. I know a long running plot point in the series was that Ocelot's loyalties were almost impossible to pinpoint as he switched sides like the wind, but that was finally resolved in MGS4 when we find out that all along it was Big Boss he was truly loyal to and he went to incredible lengths to destroy The Patriots and revive his idol. This is apparently expanded upon in MGS V where he is shown to rescue Big Boss and is allied with Diamond Dogs, apparently contributing to the rise of Outer Heaven behind Cipher's back. For him to be Skull Face makes no sense at all.
#24SterlingFoxPosted 2/25/2014 10:41:56 PM
tonic posted...

And what have you heard about Zero being there? I'm curious because you're acting as though you know for a fact that Zero must be there, but Sigint, Eva, and Paramedic won't be. You went so far as to indicate that you know that Zero will be there so him being mentioned is mundane, but you don't know that Sigint, Paramedic or Eva will be there so that's the reason why Kojima didn't announce them.

Also, you've gone from "This is how its going to be" to now just saying "I assume". So its acknowledged that this is just you stretching things with assumptions and bias interpretations.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#25tonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 6:53:57 AM
SterlingFox posted...
And what have you heard about Zero being there? I'm curious because you're acting as though you know for a fact that Zero must be there, but Sigint, Eva, and Paramedic won't be. You went so far as to indicate that you know that Zero will be there so him being mentioned is mundane, but you don't know that Sigint, Paramedic or Eva will be there so that's the reason why Kojima didn't announce them.
As I mentioned before even if Zero does not make an appearance in Ground Zero he will be present storywise. In fact what he does/orders in Ground Zeroes is going to be the impetus for Big Boss' all out revenge on him. That's already established. I haven't heard anything about Sigint, Eva or Paramedics presence in game or storywise in Ground Zeroes. If I do then I will revise my assumptions.

SterlingFox posted...
Also, you've gone from "This is how its going to be" to now just saying "I assume". So its acknowledged that this is just you stretching things with assumptions and bias interpretations.
Listen, I haven't played Ground Zeroes yet so obviously I'm making calculated assumptions. You made a lot of assumptions in your logic as well. You assumed Kojima was answering questions he was never asked.
#26riddlebox89Posted 2/26/2014 2:46:26 PM
tonic posted...
You assumed Kojima was answering questions he was never asked.

Says the guy who assumes Kojima is implying something he's not.

You've got no room to criticize other peoples theories when yours are ten times more ridiculous than anything Kojima would ever do.

See that's the thing with theories related to Metal Gear, people think that they're all valid because "Lol it's Kojima/Metal Gear, anything is possible!" which is complete bulls*** logic to go by, then cook up all these crackpot theories which have nothing to support them happening and, like you, acting as if your theory is superior to others.

Then the game comes out and what Kojima actually does, is far less ridiculous than anything the rabid theorizing fans came up with.

So literally none of your theories are valid by default, so you might as well stop posting them now.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.