Will Ground Zeroes leave us with a complete cliffhanger?

#1Ein_SophPosted 2/22/2014 9:52:51 AM
Kinda of a silly and obvious question to some but I'd like to know people's views on it. Do you think GZ will have an ending in which you think to yourself "ok, we're heading in that direction. This is what's going to happen next or what must be done next." or would it be "hmm there were quite a few loose things here and there and not everything was nanomachines, son."

From the trailer, we at least know about the coma BB goes into, so by cliffhanger, I guess I'm talking about everything OTHER than what we already know..
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2kill_distroyPosted 2/22/2014 9:55:51 AM
Ein_Soph posted...
Kinda of a silly and obvious question to some but I'd like to know people's views on it. Do you think GZ will have an ending in which you think to yourself "ok, we're heading in that direction. This is what's going to happen next or what must be done next." or would it be "hmm there were quite a few loose things here and there and not everything was nanomachines, son."

From the trailer, we at least know about the coma BB goes into, so by cliffhanger, I guess I'm talking about everything OTHER than what we already know..

Well the guys who finished the game said that the ending is one of the most shocking Metal Gear moments ever, and that it makes sense why Big Boss is very grim in The Phantom Pain, so there's that.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#3Robin_MaskPosted 2/22/2014 10:12:51 AM
It's either going end up being a rush for the hospital, the confirmation of the coma or the chopper going down after escaping Mother Base's destruction.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#4sweet_evaPosted 2/22/2014 10:40:55 AM
Don't know about that. All I know is I'm gonna be very pissed at the end.
#5raikov15Posted 2/22/2014 12:51:40 PM
sweet_eva posted...
Don't know about that. All I know is I'm gonna be very pissed at the end.
Agreed because we have to wait for Phantom Pain then, and it'll be a long while til that is released...hopefully it gets released late 2014-early 2015. I seriously can't wait til 2016, i can only play GZ so much.
#6tonicPosted 2/22/2014 1:35:53 PM
Apparently Ocelot is going to have and speech after the credits. His speeches always end in a cliffhanger MGS1, MGS3, and MPO.

Is Ocelot even in Ground Zeroes?
#7SterlingFoxPosted 2/22/2014 1:38:25 PM
Well the very nature of it being a fragment of MGS5's story means that yes, its going to be a cliffhanger.

As a side note, I VERY much doubt that its going to be one of the most shocking MGS moments. Game reviewers are shocked by very unshocking things. Like the torture scene in GTA V or the 2 seconds of Tomb Raider that hinted at rape were both apparently "one of the most shocking moments in video games".
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#8FartzMckenziePosted 2/22/2014 2:29:17 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
It's either going end up being a rush for the hospital, the confirmation of the coma or the chopper going down after escaping Mother Base's destruction.

I think all those things are expected at this point though. I'm hoping for something a little more. Like unexpected
#9kill_distroyPosted 2/22/2014 2:43:52 PM
SterlingFox posted...
Well the very nature of it being a fragment of MGS5's story means that yes, its going to be a cliffhanger.

As a side note, I VERY much doubt that its going to be one of the most shocking MGS moments. Game reviewers are shocked by very unshocking things. Like the torture scene in GTA V or the 2 seconds of Tomb Raider that hinted at rape were both apparently "one of the most shocking moments in video games".

While true, there's also the fact that a lot of people who played the game on the boot camp all talked about how shocking the ending is. They might be overreacting, but it still could end up being shocking.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#10ChronohiroPosted 2/22/2014 4:01:58 PM
SterlingFox posted...

Yeah, I'm skeptical as well. I think whatever this "shocking ending" is it will probably be more violent than shocking. If I were to guess, I would say it has something to do with the package retrieved from Paz's stomach. Something like it goes off (if it is a bomb) and people die with lots of blood everywhere. But shocking? Hmm. Shocking is one of those words that people say generally without real substantial context. Like the words "amazing" and "epic".

Don't get me wrong though, I am expecting a good cliffhanging ending...but I don't expect to be shocked. Hopefully I'm wrong though. We will see, I suppose.
---
"Whatever scum did this not one man on this force will rest for one minute until he's behind bars......now let's grab a bite to eat." - Frank Drebin