Will Ground Zeroes leave us with a complete cliffhanger?

#11kanto_wandererPosted 2/23/2014 10:06:28 AM
The final scene in the game will be the first part of the GDC trailer where Kaz asks "What about him?" in the hospital ER and then immediately cuts to the end credits giving no explanation as to who "he" actually is. I'd love to see people lose their **** over that one.

But yeah, the game will probably end on a cliffhanger of some sort. Not that Ground Zeroes won't have its own little denouement that will satisfy as a singular piece of storytelling that weaves together the events leading up to Big Boss' coma. However, like Kojima himself has already described, it'll very much be in the vein of a season cliffhanger on television and so there's undoubtedly going to be some big questions raised at the end of the game about what we can expect from Phantom Pain.
#12NakedSnake1986Posted 2/25/2014 5:30:05 PM
I'm sure there will be an Ocelot speech after the credits so Konami can credit Troy Baker in this demo.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#13SSJ_JinPosted 2/25/2014 6:06:34 PM
I know one thing. It better not involve The Boss.

*Mother Base gets destroyed*

*Big Boss' last image before going in his coma*

Boss: Hello...Jack.

Me: http://i.minus.com/ioQoUkZhDoOJ.gif
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#14gamedude00000Posted 2/26/2014 9:43:07 PM(edited)
I have the rough idea of what's going to happen, along with some speculation.

-Big Boss's mission is a success

-Big Boss returns to Mother Base

-Shortly after arrival, they are hit by XOF or possibly another force, but I seriously think XOF is the most likely based on what we've seen.

-Mother Base is evacuated, extremely high casualty rate for the MSF.

-As they're fleeing, Big Boss's chopper goes down.

-As he's being rushed to the hopsital, we will probably see several in-and-out of consiousness clips hearing what else is going on.

-Just after we reach the hospital, and it confirms the coma I seriously think we will hear "Words that kill" from Sins of the Father, and then the credits will roll either playing the slow, sad opening part of Sins of the Father or possibly a unique track for GZ's credits..

This is mostly just speculation on my part, I can't even imagine what the most shocking part would be yet unless it has something to do with one of Big Boss's closest allies openly betraying or something.
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#15MajorZeroPosted 2/27/2014 1:17:53 PM
I kind of like the idea of the Phantom Pain opening with Big Boss waking up from his coma so..
#16Monza_Man_Posted 2/27/2014 11:50:56 PM
The prologues to MGS2 and 3 both ended with cliffhangers so I'd imagine the prologue to this one would also include one too. I'd also imagine it would be a massive cliffhanger too, considering that once we're done with this game we will have to wait possibly a year or so for the next game.
---
"I loved being in the boy scouts. We went to 'Nam." - Rich Hall
#17RickMoranisPosted 2/28/2014 12:30:50 AM
Actually it starts with a cliffhanger!

*rimshot*

GET IT?

BECAUSE BIG BOSS IS HANGING FROM A CLIFF TO START THE MISSION?!
---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!
#18tonicPosted 3/1/2014 6:58:19 AM
RickMoranis posted...
Actually it starts with a cliffhanger!

*rimshot*

GET IT?

BECAUSE BIG BOSS IS HANGING FROM A CLIFF TO START THE MISSION?!
Got it. ba da bum ... ChiNG.